Has anyone tried Mushroom Coffee?

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Is that still covered by Don't Drink and Drive or is that a Don't Eat and Drive?
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    edited January 2019

@nygr8guy

Hi

Drinking coffee as I read this. ☺️ ☕️

I’ve tried Lions Mane and Chaga coffee blend. Its tastes like regular instant coffee powder to me since I had a blend. I didn’t feel any outstanding nootropic benefits.

That being said - mushroom teas are nothing new - people have being drinking Reishi and Cordyceps tea (amongst others ) for a long time.

Have you travelled to China? Tibet? I’ve had the best mushroom tea I’ve ever tasted In Beijing. I prefer the tea over the coffee, but I’d try a new mushroom/java blend to check it out.

🌍 ✈️
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited January 2019
    Coffee comes from a coffee bean. A mushroom cannot be coffee. I love mushrooms, but I'll pass on the hot brewed filtered kind.
    ETA: I think there is some MLM company out there that touts the benefits of this kind of "coffee". I want to say I tasted it many years ago and it still makes me ill thinking about it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I've tried it. It tasted just like instant coffee, not great but not terrible. I didn't notice any specific "benefits."
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    Like https://www.iherb.com/pr/Madre-Labs-CafeCeps-Certified-Organic-Instant-Coffee-with-Cordyceps-and-Reishi-Mushroom-Powder-3-52-oz-100-g/23428 ?

iherb sent me a few sample packages. Didn't do anything for me and I never bought any.
  • nygr8guy
    nygr8guy Posts: 77 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nygr8guy wrote: »
    Staaahp! It's 6AM and I just sat down with my oh-so-delicious coffee. Made with ground coffee beans. Can we not leave good stuff alone??

What next? Cauliflower pizza dough?Black bean brownies? *sob*

Just say no.

It is instant coffee with mushrooms.
    Umm, what kind of mushrooms?

Lion's Mane and Chaga
  • nygr8guy
    nygr8guy Posts: 77 Member
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Shall I add it to my spaghetti sauce in case I have to work late? :p

Well.... Ummmmm.... Nah...
  • I use it and like it. I am a huge fan of coffee but trying to vary food. It is good. Do the job. But yes very expensive. I am taking it 3 times a week. Anf the rest for real coffee.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I tried some mushroom coffee and tea samples from Four Sigmatic and they were all vile.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Mushrooms and Harness Racing, not a match. Ooh yea
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,382 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Last time I drank mushrooms... it was a looonngg 8hrs..... 🤤

I could never stand to drink 'em. Chewing them down with a big bite of snickers or something though....

I had an entire waking day that felt like an oil painting.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Last time I drank mushrooms... it was a looonngg 8hrs..... 🤤

I could never stand to drink 'em. Chewing them down with a big bite of snickers or something though....

I had an entire waking day that felt like an oil painting.

Same with the chewing 'em. One evening, I was a Bond girl demonstrating the process of rolling my closet doors back and forth for hours.
  • Beaster_Bunny
    Beaster_Bunny Posts: 501 Member
    No, but I have tried potato tea, it makes me feel spudtacular.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    No, but I have tried potato tea, it makes me feel spudtacular.

So you're saying there's not mush-room for improvement?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,977 Member
    I like mushrooms and I like coffee - but definitely not together.

I highly doubt it does anything to stimulate cognitive function or anything else.