Very new at this

I was having a hard time 2 days ago. After watching what I ate and going to the gym for 2 weeks. I only dropping 2.3 pounds, and I was in a mood of just giving up.

I started at 325 and 50 yrs old.

Well I did not I did not make the gym yesterday, but I did get there today. I walked 2.79 miles in 65 minutes. I am happy for doing that.

I just wished I had someone to help me. I am doing this solo, and for myself. I just need a push from time to time.

Steven
01/16/19

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    edited January 2019
    Welcome. :)

It is a solitary pursuit in the end, but there are plenty of ongoing daily threads in the forums if you want to plug in somewhere. Look in the Challenges section and start posting. You'll get a lot of support.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

One day at a time.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    TheRxTech wrote: »
    I was having a hard time 2 days ago. After watching what I ate and going to the gym for 2 weeks. I only dropping 2.3 pounds, and I was in a mood of just giving up.

I started at 325 and 50 yrs old.

Well I did not I did not make the gym yesterday, but I did get there today. I walked 2.79 miles in 65 minutes. I am happy for doing that.

I just wished I had someone to help me. I am doing this solo, and for myself. I just need a push from time to time.

Steven
    01/16/19

Firstly when you start at the gym your muscles tend to retain water to help repair themselves so don't panic if you haven't seen as much weight loss as you were expecting.

Secondly even if it's "only 2.3lbs" that's still a loss and a fairly reasonable one. You didn't get to be 325lbs overnight, it won't come off overnight. You're doing fab, keep it up!

If you give up you'll still be 323lbs and wanting to lose weight, if you keep going you'll get there!

I second joining some of the challenges on the forums there are some really great supportive threads!

ptm573qwrxbq.jpg
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I would add, losing 1+lb per week is not a bad thing! Weight loss isn't linear, and you won't always lose the "right" amount of weight every week. Water weight and digestion fluctuations show up on the scale as well. Progress is progress, and on the long road, some weeks won't go exactly how you want them to, that's just real life :smile:

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads at the top of each forum, hang in there, and best of luck!