Carbs without much sugar - need food suggestions

Options
I have consistently had trouble filling out the carb guidelines for my nutritional weight loss recommendations without busting the sugar limit. Can the community suggest foods for me that contribute carbs without stacking up the sugar grams?

Replies

• acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Vegetables
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    wheat and oats.
  • Makajo2013
    Makajo2013 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am with you on that one. Always seem to go over on my sugars
  • acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    where are you getting your sugars? if it's from fruit and natural sources, ignore the settings on MFP for sugar. if it's from processed foods, then you just need to cut back on them. I personally don't track the sugar content on my diary as MFP sets it so low one banana takes me over. same with protein, let that number go into the red all the time if you are using MFP's suggestions.

This! I totally agree and it is my philosphy as well, although one time some muscle head on here wanted to argue with me :)
  • Tmoxson
    Tmoxson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was concerned about that too! I'm getting almost all of my sugars from fruit, and I am consistently over the rda for sugar. I'm trying to ignore it, since I'm losing inches and probably weight (only weigh myself once/month since I'm here for toning/losing size, and overall health rather than weight loss). This is reassuring.
  • texasbeancounter
    Options
    This is good to know, thanks! I love eating fruit for breakfast and morning snack. I learned VERY quickly that the added sugar in "Activia" yogurt is very unhelpful with the sugar count! Trying to give away the rest that my husband bought for me (he was trying to be helpful).
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    I have consistently had trouble filling out the carb guidelines for my nutritional weight loss recommendations without busting the sugar limit. Can the community suggest foods for me that contribute carbs without stacking up the sugar grams?

Vegetables. And you can also do starches like sweet potatoes.