23 M trying to gain

Options
I’ve been 125lbs for the past 6 years! The heaviest I’ve gotten was 135lbs! It’s hard to get to that weight again! No matter what I eat.. just fluctuating between 123–125lbs! My goal is to be 190lbs I have an under active thyroid condition!

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Under active thyroids (hypothyroidism) are generally associated with weight gain. Did you mean hyperactive thyroid?
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Need blood work TSH panel to confirm HYPER-thyroidism (no need to automatically jump to conclusions/make assumptions though).

Likely scenario is kcal logging (or lack there of) is not as accurate as you may think (undereating); common problem for "hard gainers". Step 1
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    To gain more weight they say try to eat a gram of protein for each lb. you weigh each day. So I would start at your heaviest weight you've been. 135lbs. Aim for 135 grams of protein each day or more and then try to eat more in general. Protein shakes help a lot. Get a good blender, gallon of whole milk, protein powder....I use ON products, bananas, peanut butter and mix it all together. I would say try to shoot for 2 of those shakes a day for some extra calories and protein boost. Buy a pack of 12 protein bars and eat one each day. Focus on exercises that you are lifting your own body weight. Push ups, pull ups....etc. I started doing this one year and put on 20lbs of muscle mass in 3 months. I know you can do it too. Takes consistency and a lot of patience. You won't see the change in a few weeks. It takes months. Happy lifting!