(M/24 185lbs) Post Op

Hi! I’m 24 I’ve gone from 227lbs down to 175lbs, due to a rotator cuff injury which put me out of physical activity and the gym for 6 months, in that space of time I’ve lost 39lbs, today is the first day I’ve been back to the gym after physio etc.. I’ve lost all motivation in myself, I’ve gone from being in pretty good shape to looking like a frail stature of myself, any tips and motivation to get back into a routine with my diet and workout plan would be greatly appreciated, I’m just trying to ease my way back into it but I’m struggling with motivation.

Thank you!

Replies

• 80sSynthwave
    80sSynthwave Posts: 25 Member
    If you lifted and made a good amount of gains in the process, but it was awhile back, you can typically gain that same muscle back at a much more rapid pace due to satellite cells. Research about them is still ongoing.
  • kyle_NUFC
    kyle_NUFC Posts: 5 Member
    If you lifted and made a good amount of gains in the process, but it was awhile back, you can typically gain that same muscle back at a much more rapid pace due to satellite cells. Research about them is still ongoing.

Hopefully the gains come quick and fast, thank you!

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Man I've been there. This was me 4 years ago. It's more of a mental game than a physical one. That road back to peak performance may seem daunting at first, but it is so worth it. Motivation is a limited resource, so rely on your routine, habits, and behavior when motivation is low or non-existent.

Ease into it and just be better than you were yesterday.
  • kyle_NUFC
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Man I've been there. This was me 4 years ago. It's more of a mental game than a physical one. That road back to peak performance may seem daunting at first, but it is so worth it. Motivation is a limited resource, so rely on your routine, habits, and behavior when motivation is low or non-existent.

Ease into it and just be better than you were yesterday.

Thanks for the motivation mate!
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    I have had similar experience last year. I went through a tough divorce and going to the gym was the last thing on my mind. I finally realized that the gym was one of my few escapes from "life" and did make me happy when I was consistently going. I just had to put my ego aside and 'start over' with a beginner program. Linear progression helped immensely as adding 5 to 10lbs to my lift each session was a good mental boost. While I'm not 100% back to where I had been in 2017, I'm still making progress and my body composition is improving as well. Keep your head up!
  • kyle_NUFC
    jmule24 wrote: »
    I have had similar experience last year. I went through a tough divorce and going to the gym was the last thing on my mind. I finally realized that the gym was one of my few escapes from "life" and did make me happy when I was consistently going. I just had to put my ego aside and 'start over' with a beginner program. Linear progression helped immensely as adding 5 to 10lbs to my lift each session was a good mental boost. While I'm not 100% back to where I had been in 2017, I'm still making progress and my body composition is improving as well. Keep your head up!

Thanks for the motivation Man! Glad to hear your out of a *kitten* situation and taking your mind away from it all! Good luck to you!