Post Baby Belly Questions

Options
poustotah
poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
I've had 3 kids - the last one born in January 2009. I've got stretch marks across my stomach and on my inner and outer thighs. I've reached my goal weight about 4 months ago and am now focusing on toning parts and just generally staying in shape. I would like to flatten this area a bit and slim it down some and I'm looking for some advice on how to do this. I have a fairly strong core. I do pilates and yoga regularly and I do other ab work outs as well. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm not expecting to look like a super model, I'd just like to slim it down a bit so I don't have a pooch goin on.

Thanks.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing yoga and pilates? I've heard from a lot of people that this really helps with the pooch. You could try the Ab Ripper X video from the P90X program... I've been doing it every other day for a few weeks and can already feel my stomach is tighter.
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    I really have no helpful advice, but I must say your profile picture is the absolute cutest picture ever!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Sorry, just to clarify..is the problem sagging skin, or belly fat? because those are two very different things.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Arielle - I've been doing yoga for about 2 months now and I just started pilates a couple of weeks ago. I do each once a week. I do plan to keep them up even if they don't help my baby belly. I really enjoy the relaxing exercise time.

Lilay - Thanks, that's the three tater kids!

Imagy - Sent you a message. Thanks!!!