Over eating :(

Options
Coming back again ... lost 10 lbs then gained all back from Halloween and Christmas and not getting back into the rhythm. Over eating is comforting at the time then after feel gross. Hard to stop when I’m doing it and even if I prep food I will still eat food at work. Hoping coming back on here will help push me. Don’t think the cold Canadian winter is helping me. Anyone have tips?? Thanks for reading this ❤️

Replies

• heavyjess
    heavyjess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord it's like I could've written this myself. Same boat, same time frame of falling off the wagon, same name. Sould sister 😂
  • saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I’m having the same problem.😭
  • suzfenau
    suzfenau Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same problem here now. Did you guys curb the over eating? Do you have any tips to share (or anyone else?) I start the day so well. I eat sensibly (not letting myself get over hungry) I do a nice walk to get my steps up. Then by early evening time boom - I start snacking and can't stop. It's so frustrating and impossible to stop. I feel like it's compulsive eating :(
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    One thing that has helped me is to give myself a calorie range to be in vs a hard stop. For me that means anywhere from 1700-2400 calories per day. My maintenance is about 2500, so I know if I stay in that range I am in a deficit, but also not eating too little. During the week I try to stay towards the lower end because weekends I am generally closer to the higher end. But the range allows me to adjust how much I eat based on how hungry I am but still feel like I am on track. If I had a hard stop at say 1900, on days I am more hungry if I went over it would be easy to heve the mentality of well I Already failed so why not just go crazy. But with the range if I eat 1900 and I am still hungry I can still eat something substantial and be in range and on track. Long term it’s been my lifesaver.
  • suzfenau
    suzfenau Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You two (Panda & SweetAngelKitten) have summed it up. I am definitely that mindset of "well I've blown it now so anything goes". I will try your tips of allowing an increase to my calories on a 'dangerous' day - I can say that again as for the last 2 days I have managed to stay focused and I feel so much better. Thank you for the suggestion.