Fell of the wagon

Options
A few years back I was so committed and motivated to get started and get healthy. I lost almost 40 pounds and started feeling confident.
Then, in the last 9 months, I completely reverted to my unhealthy life and gained almost 20 back.
I want to jump back on, but I just keep falling off again.
Anyone else in this boat? I’m looking for a mutual support team here, so feel free to add me!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The good news is there's not a wagon you have to be on or off.

Thought about taking it a bit slower and forming better habits over time so they stick? Maintenance is a lot harder than the weight loss because often we give little thought to it. Work out how you can fit in the things that you deem unhealthy into a healthier life and you might not "fall off".
  • Kevin_Hassenpflug
    Kevin_Hassenpflug Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    add me
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    A few years back I was so committed and motivated to get started and get healthy. I lost almost 40 pounds and started feeling confident.
    Then, in the last 9 months, I completely reverted to my unhealthy life and gained almost 20 back.
    Anyone else in this boat? I’m looking for a mutual support team here, so feel free to add me!

Eat some 'unhealthy' stuff, just less so you're in a calorie deficit.
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The good news is there's not a wagon you have to be on or off.

Thought about taking it a bit slower and forming better habits over time so they stick? Maintenance is a lot harder than the weight loss because often we give little thought to it. Work out how you can fit in the things that you deem unhealthy into a healthier life and you might not "fall off".

THIS ^^^ speaking from someone whose jumped on and off the wagon for years. I'm finally taking it slower and making lifetime changes for the better.
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    Options

this is the story of my life, i am struggling so hard with eating enough food
  • elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yeah you're so not alone. I flip flop all the time, and have for years. I started at 265, dropped to 185 and over the past 8 have yoyo'd between about 195 and 220 (currently 200). The really important thing I think is not to put a mental barrier in between you and eating healthy at any time. At ANY moment you can opt for chicken and rice vs. that pizza. Just decide. I also find it's helpful to just write off certain "foods". I absolutely love just about every food that's horrible for you but have picked a few to just write out of my life. Soda (even diet), ranch, mayo, sour cream, anything fried. Just doing that puts you a huge step ahead and isn't too too hard to do.