Need warm snack ideas

mt9ypeaqxvas.jpg

I need some WARM and EASY snack ideas. I've been trying to keep healthy food in the house, but a problem I'm running into is we are all busy and tired of cold food. My fridge is stocked with veggies trays and fruits. Also nuts, tuna snacks, cheese squares. All for easy grab and go.

We need something thats already serving sized we can just pop in the microwave that's warm and yummy and not broth 🙄 (that's been the #1 find on google when I search warm healthy snacks lol). Think hot pockets...but you know...good for you.

Sincerely,
A mom who likes food and has a house full of teenagers

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    You can make your own savory pastries or turnovers and fill them with whatever you want (I love spinach and onion). You can then freeze in large quantities and put however many you're planning to eat in the fridge the night before. Then you can easily microwave them. We also make mushroom or meat filled crepes that we cook and freeze, then when we take them out we fry in a tiny bit of butter to give them more color and flavor, takes less than 5 minutes.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    edited January 2019
    I second the recommendation of oatmeal. Scrambled eggs are super quick, too.

Before a busy week I like to cook up a skillet of seasoned minced chicken, black beans, bell peppers, and onions to keep in the fridge for quick quesadilla lunches!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Mission has street taco tortillas. 3 for 100 calories. I bulk prepare fillings ( ground turkey taco, buffalo shredded chicken breast, pork carnita) depending on the filling (I use a heaping tablespoon) they are around 200 calories for 3. Quick zap in the microwave.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Mini meat balls, chicken wings, boiled eggs, mini quiches, cheese on toast :-)
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I usually do a quick pizza style toast if I want a snack or a light lunch. Pizza sauce on top of low calorie bread and light shredded mozzarella. My particular combo comes out to a little over 100 calories for two slices, and it's amazing!