Trying to get healthy

Options
Sorry it’s late but I must vent...I notice whenever I’m stressed and upset I go back to my bad eating habits (fast food fried foods and chocolate). I already haven’t started the gym yet..I have to work out a schedule but what are some replacements instead of mindless eating because of emotions

Replies

• Andia15
    Andia15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Half the battle is figuring out your triggers so you're already half way there... maybe when you get stressed or emotional you could take a walk or have healthy treats on standby... I find I want something to crunch on when I get emotional so maybe some nuts or even some apples...
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Agree, it’s hard to fight something with nothing.

If you look on YouTube and search “relaxation” it seems like 95% of the world is trying to relax. There’s a lot of good stuff there, music, guided meditation, discussions of other techniques.

I found after a while that I lost my taste for anything fried. Not kidding but something that helped me, when I’d go to McDs to get my salad or occasional egg McFuffin, I’d look at the deep frier. They’re kinda gross if you think about it.

Question, if you don’t eat fried, what’s the alternative? Are your better choices actually appealing to you? I’d have a hard time turning down a fried chicken sandwich if the alternative was poached fish and carrot sticks.

And I’ve always planned some kind of treat everyday. Nothing wrong with chocolate if you can stick to the planned portion. Big part of my motivation to keep my treats within the plan was if I didn’t stay in bounds, the whole treat thing would have to go.

The gym is great for stress relief. Overrated for weight loss though. But exercise does does great stuff for the brain.