Those who cook their own meals!! I need help in breakfast ideas

Options
Hi am Precious
weight 65.5kgs
Goal weight 68kgs
Height 5'8"
Am on a weight gain journey, just want to be thick lol
i started my weight gain journey on first of september 2018 when i was 62 kgs, meaning i have gained 3.5kgs in 4 months.
I always cook my own meals, apart from lunch that i eat at work, from mondays to fridays, during weekends i cook everything by myself. I wanted to ask if someone has breakfast recipes that are quick to make to make since i leave home early in the morning.
I make my own breakfast and dinner from mondays to fridays.

Any quick recipe ideas will help
Thanks

Replies

• geeklert
    geeklert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Precious, I am Kul,
    Weight 70 kgs
    Goal weight 65 kgs.
    So, our goals are different lol. But still I prefer to have a filling meal for breakfast, and I too have to leave very early in the morning, so what I make is Oats with veggies or sometimes with milk, and cinnamon. I microwave it and combine it with boiled eggs. You might try this.. :)
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    geeklert wrote: »
    Hi Precious, I am Kul,
    Weight 70 kgs
    Goal weight 65 kgs.
    So, our goals are different lol. But still I prefer to have a filling meal for breakfast, and I too have to leave very early in the morning, so what I make is Oats with veggies or sometimes with milk, and cinnamon. I microwave it and combine it with boiled eggs. You might try this.. :)

I will definitely give it a try. Thank you.
    Your goal weight is my current weight but my goal weight is almost to your current weight. People really have different goals.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast burritos (eggs, cheese, bacon/sausage, peppers and onions) ahead of time and freeze them. Hubby heats them up in the morning for quick breakfasts.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I make sausage and egg patties. I start by making homemade turkey Italian sausage. I usually make 4 pounds at a time because that is how much ground turkey meat I get in a package from Sam’s. I put 1.5 oz. of sausage in each whoopie pie pan well. I add a little spinach and raw peppers (or whatever vegetable I have on hand) to the wells. In a mixing bowl with a pour spout, I scramble 12 eggs. Pour the eggs into each of the wells making sure the egg fills the space. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Individually freeze the egg patties. (I put one in a sandwich bag then put those bags into a gallon size) To reheat, microwave for 1 minute, flip then for another minute. It is the perfect size to put on half of a bagel. On half a whole wheat bagel, this is about 260 calories and 38% carbs, 32% protein, 30% fat. This is the turkey sausage recipe I use (I double it for 4 pounds of turkey meat) and a link to the whoopie pie pan. The six-muffin pan makes the perfect size for a bagel. The twelve-muffin pan makes the perfect size for English muffins. I throw the left over sausage into pasta sauce or use it on homemade pizza.
    Note: When I first started making these, I only had one pan but eventually added a second to make it easier.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/216319/homemade-sweet-italian-sausage-mild-or-hot/

https://www.amazon.com/d/Muffin-Cupcake-Pans/Chicago-Metallic-Professional-Non-Stick-15-75-Inch/B003YKGRBY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547730658&sr=8-3&keywords=whoopie+pie+pan
  • preciousleks
    Options
    I make sausage and egg patties. I start by making homemade turkey Italian sausage. I usually make 4 pounds at a time because that is how much ground turkey meat I get in a package from Sam’s. I put 1.5 oz. of sausage in each whoopie pie pan well. I add a little spinach and raw peppers (or whatever vegetable I have on hand) to the wells. In a mixing bowl with a pour spout, I scramble 12 eggs. Pour the eggs into each of the wells making sure the egg fills the space. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Individually freeze the egg patties. (I put one in a sandwich bag then put those bags into a gallon size) To reheat, microwave for 1 minute, flip then for another minute. It is the perfect size to put on half of a bagel. On half a whole wheat bagel, this is about 260 calories and 38% carbs, 32% protein, 30% fat. This is the turkey sausage recipe I use (I double it for 4 pounds of turkey meat) and a link to the whoopie pie pan. The six-muffin pan makes the perfect size for a bagel. The twelve-muffin pan makes the perfect size for English muffins. I throw the left over sausage into pasta sauce or use it on homemade pizza.
    Note: When I first started making these, I only had one pan but eventually added a second to make it easier.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/216319/homemade-sweet-italian-sausage-mild-or-hot/

https://www.amazon.com/d/Muffin-Cupcake-Pans/Chicago-Metallic-Professional-Non-Stick-15-75-Inch/B003YKGRBY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547730658&sr=8-3&keywords=whoopie+pie+pan

Will give it a try. Thank you for taking your time
  • preciousleks
    Options
    I make breakfast burritos (eggs, cheese, bacon/sausage, peppers and onions) ahead of time and freeze them. Hubby heats them up in the morning for quick breakfasts.

Will definitely try it. Thank you
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Some other things I do...

My quick go-to when I don't have anything already prepared is an English muffin with one wedge of laughing cow cheese and some deli meat. Also, if you have a rice cooker with a brown rice or porridge function, it makes great steel cut oats. You can do it in an instant pot as well. I add some cinnamon, dried cranberries, chopped apples and pecans or walnuts to mine. I put them into mini loaf pans and freeze, then put them in sandwich bags for individual portions. 2 minutes in the microwave heats them up.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    When I am trying to gain I have three slices of toast with lots of peanut butter and jam. That is super quick and packs in the calories, and depending on how much fibre the bread contains usually isn't too filling. You can also add a protein-banana smoothie to that for extra umph.
  • preciousleks
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    When I am trying to gain I have three slices of toast with lots of peanut butter and jam. That is super quick and packs in the calories, and depending on how much fibre the bread contains usually isn't too filling. You can also add a protein-banana smoothie to that for extra umph.

I like bananas, I will try that. Thank you
  • RebelRebel00
    RebelRebel00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with chorizo, a side of chopped avocado and toasted sourdough bread drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with fresh garlic yum 😋 Add hot sauce and it’s perfect 👌
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LOL, I wish we could just make some body weight transfers ! One thing I love to make for breakfast is eggs and bacon on a bagel. Bacon so easy to make in microwave, and you might be able to make it the night before and just "nuke" it ? Or just put it in microwave first thing when you get out of bed. Eggs are easy and quick, and the bagel will add more calories for you....be sure to toast it and put on lots of butter :-). Also, as a sandwich you can eat it on run or put it in baggie and eat at work or whatever later. Good luck putting on weight...just be sure you want it as, once you have it, even harder to lose it !
  • preciousleks
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with chorizo, a side of chopped avocado and toasted sourdough bread drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with fresh garlic yum 😋 Add hot sauce and it’s perfect 👌

Nice recipe. Thanks
  • preciousleks
    Options
    hoosierlad wrote: »
    LOL, I wish we could just make some body weight transfers ! One thing I love to make for breakfast is eggs and bacon on a bagel. Bacon so easy to make in microwave, and you might be able to make it the night before and just "nuke" it ? Or just put it in microwave first thing when you get out of bed. Eggs are easy and quick, and the bagel will add more calories for you....be sure to toast it and put on lots of butter :-). Also, as a sandwich you can eat it on run or put it in baggie and eat at work or whatever later. Good luck putting on weight...just be sure you want it as, once you have it, even harder to lose it !

It is hard to loose weight. But am not trying to be on a weight that I won't like I think 68kgs won't be bad. Thank you for the recipe
  • FitLS
    FitLS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Out supermarket makes fresh wraps daily, not sure if yours do but wrap, egg with soft yolk, crispy bacon, a bit of grated cheese, plenty of BBq sauce and toast the wrap in a sandwich... Seriously good! Add fried onion and tomato if you like, maybe about too
  • preciousleks
    Options
    an0393na wrote: »
    Out supermarket makes fresh wraps daily, not sure if yours do but wrap, egg with soft yolk, crispy bacon, a bit of grated cheese, plenty of BBq sauce and toast the wrap in a sandwich... Seriously good! Add fried onion and tomato if you like, maybe about too

Our don't do that