Adjusting the diary

Hi does anyone know if you can adjust the grams section when inputting the food section thanks

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    ?? Do you mean change the serving sizes from grams to some other unit of measurement? You can click on the serving size field, and you might get a drop down menu of other choices, but not all entries have other choices. If not, you'll have to look for other entries or create one of your own.

If you mean changing the portion size (the number of grams you eat), just click on the "1" and change it to whatever you want it to be.
  • trokey2110
    trokey2110 Posts: 25 Member
    Yeah I mean the grams/ounces it goes up in stages if you get me I can’t have like 110g of something it goes in set stages
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    trokey2110 wrote: »
    Yeah I mean the grams/ounces it goes up in stages if you get me I can’t have like 110g of something it goes in set stages

You just need to do math. If something is set for a certain amount of grams I type in the amount I have / the amount it's set for.

Example: I had 213g of cottage cheese / setting was for 113g of cottage cheese

Enter into calculator 213/113 = 1.88 that is what I would enter in.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    edited January 2019
    trokey2110 wrote: »

Do you mean your servings, when logging food? Others have addressed that.

Do you mean your goals, when setting up your profile? In the free MFP, you can set goals only in percentages of calories, so you will only affect the grams by the percentages it lets you set. That would make certain exact gram goals impossible to set, at certain calorie levels.

My understanding is that you can set goals in grams in paid ("Premium") MFP, but I don't use that so can't confirm from experience. I just set my percentages to get the closest to my gram goal (on base calories), then eat to the gram goal, pretty much ignoring the percentages and what turns red/green as a result.

If it's mixed red/green, I just call it Christmas, and all is fine. ;)

ETA: It's not necessary to hit every macro goal 100% spot on every day, anyway. That's good, because exact on all of them would be really, really hard. Close is fine.