Keto

Options
Anyone trying Keto? :)

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto 15 months to control migraines - it's magical for that!
  • KetoLula
    KetoLula Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Husband and I started it back up last week. We did it for a few months last year and just got lazy and slipped off. But we loved how we felt, so we're back.
  • mmgirl87
    mmgirl87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yay any good recipes to share?
  • Elizabethruiz603
    Elizabethruiz603 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'AM! TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE! B)
  • jmarie2105
    jmarie2105 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been gaining weight slowly over the last year, about 35 pounds. I'd lost 60 pounds at one point, so this has been devastating. I tried so many things, but nothing worked. I had a kidney stone last week, and my doctor told me to lower my consumption of animal protein. I mostly ate meat and vegetables, and I rarely eat carbs, so that really only left fat. So, I did an internet search and found Keto. I started right before my birthday, Jan 12th, and I have lost 8 pounds! I do 2,000 calories, 80% fat, 15% protein and 5% carbs plus lots of water. My legs are less swollen when I get home from work, and I feel incredible. I track every macro and make sure not to fall below my calories, because that will lower your metabolism. I was floored. I got so used to nothing working, that I went into this expecting failure. Losing 8 pounds is nothing short of a miracle for me.
  • KetoLula
    KetoLula Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    mmgirl87 wrote: »
    Yay any good recipes to share?

Keto Connect and Wicked Stuffed both have meals we've enjoyed. We started out with the beef stew from Keto Connect and it is great. We just find and try things since I enjoy cooking and hubby enjoys eating. XD