Ohh heyy!! Any fellow keto followers?!

Options
Hey all! I've been following Keto since November 12 of last year with the support and monitoring of my doctor. She suggested I begin the LCHF diet due to my PCOS and hypothyroidism. I've currently lost 28.3 pounds and tons of inches!!

Looking to build my support and friend network SO, whether you're keto or not, add me!! :star:<3

Replies

• flan32
    flan32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh this is exciting I have been on keto only 3 months with pcos as well so far it has been the best thing ever
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    flan32 wrote: »
    Oh this is exciting I have been on keto only 3 months with pcos as well so far it has been the best thing ever

Girl, message me anytime if you have questions or want to know the changes that has happened since I've started. There's a keto group on here I joined also and shared a progress pic there!
  • BlondeButtercup127
    Options
    ✨✨🤩😎
  • alstrongman1
    alstrongman1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7
  • BlondeButtercup127
    Options
    Im2yz4u wrote: »
    I'm day 2 into Keto... kinda... still trying to figure it out. For some reason the second I say im on a diet all these heifers at work bring on the food. Help. Lol

I totally understand!! In the teachers room here at work, are treats galore almost daily!! It's a struggle but I push through and remember goals!! :wink: usually. I also keep dark chocolate at work for myself for days when it's a super struggle.
  • BlondeButtercup127
    Options
    I am on day 7

Congrats!! How's the journey been?!
  • shayly70
    shayly70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I too am on day two. Yesterday wasn't bad at all. I'm truly hoping I can stick with this cause for right now, I'm excited about it. I have figured out that I'm not entering my foods right, so today, my goal is to pay more attention to that. I think it's important, especially when first starting out to track your food. I have lost 7 lbs. of water weight just since yesterday so that makes me happy and encourages me to keep going. Wishing you an easy day.
  • OwlCherri
    OwlCherri Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ah! I’m back after taking over a year off (to my detriment) because my career allowed no time for myself. I’ve made some difficult decisions but back 5 days strong and already shedding.

Feel free to friend me!
  • crazebeck
    crazebeck Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am trying Keto....fellow sugar addict here though and truly struggling :( on day 2
  • kristydenee79
    kristydenee79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi keto peeps! Feel free to add me as a friend! Saturday will be 2 weeks for me! I'm LOVING this WOE. :smile:
  • skethraw
    skethraw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've been trying keto for a while now, along with a small fast. Been working wonders!
  • ohsuzzyq
    ohsuzzyq Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try out Keto. I have heard of many success stories!
  • alstrongman1
    alstrongman1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The wife and I are 9 days in. I am having some issues due to I am a diabetic. The carb, calorie drop has been causing my blood sugar to drop too low. Still in the process of modifying my medications to account for the new diet. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Remember the only thing you need to be keto is to significantly reduce carbs. The "high fat" comes from your body if you are overfat and have weight to lose. Protein always remains constant to your needs, and perhaps necessary to increase protein intake to spare lbm loss.
  • annpitts55
    annpitts55 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hey all! I've been following Keto since November 12 of last year with the support and monitoring of my doctor. She suggested I begin the LCHF diet due to my PCOS and hypothyroidism. I've currently lost 28.3 pounds and tons of inches!!

Looking to build my support and friend network SO, whether you're keto or not, add me!! :star:<3

Im keto
    12 mo in loss 130 sw 331 gw 190 cw 201
    I'll be in ur support group
    [personal details removed by MFP mods]
  • lovegianevie
    lovegianevie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do keto off and on. Was doing great for 2 weeks and now I’m on day 2 of cheating. Looking for some friends to help keep me motivated.
  • countryfriedpossum
    countryfriedpossum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do keto off and on. Was doing great for 2 weeks and now I’m on day 2 of cheating. Looking for some friends to help keep me motivated.

Get back on the wagon! You can do it. Make small, easy goals.
  • netpatel
    netpatel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been on Keto for about 5 weeks and have lost 9 lbs. so far and I feel great. It takes a lot of effort because you are surrounded by mostly on non-keto food environment and most people look at you crazy. I finally decided to start using MFP to keep track of food and exercise. I am glad Chipotle came out with the Keto Salad Bowl. It has been my favorite fast food lately.