Meal replacement suggestions

Options
I've been doing Insanity for 23 days now and I'm so tired after my workout. I've heard good things about protein shakes right after working out but don't know what brands taste good and are effective. Also I've seen the recovery drinks and want to know if anyone has some feedback. I just want to have energy again!

Replies

• leaellenj
    Options
    I use EAS protein in some plain almond milk. I will have that alone or I will blend it with fruit, spinach and ice for a nice smoothie.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Here are the brands I've tried and LOVED. I use them all on a rotating basis now.

1. Muscle Pharm
    2. Dynamatize
    3. EAS
    4. CSN
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've used many different types of protein shakes. I like Optimum Nutrition, and Accelerade Endurox4. Those are what I'm using right now,and I'm also doing Insanity. You might want to re-evaluate your macros, too, if you're that fatigued. You should feel energetic after your workouts. It's best to get a 4:1 carb to protein ratio after a tough workout, for best recovery results. That, and be sure you're hydrating well before, during, and after your workout sessions. Hope that helps. :)
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I could see supplements if you are lacking certain nutrients, but why meal replacement?

I've seen so many people in the forums say they'd never drink their meals. Makes sense to me.
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do take vitamin supplements and also eat 3 nutritious meals a day. I just need something to give me some pep in my step after these intense workouts. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions :-)
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Orgain organic nutritional shake
  • rachelwarner32
    Options
    Orgain organic nutritional shake
    Where do you find this?
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    Drink a glass of milk, non-skim, 1% or 2% :)
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I'll add my vote for the EAS brand. I get the pre-mixed because I am lazy. The dark chocolate is just heavenly!!!!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I order it from vitaminshoppe.com or buy it at a local health food store. Several flavors. I get chocolate. It's great tasting and not a powder you mix and primarily a fruit and veggie blend. I use it after work outs or for meals to make tracking my calories easy. It's very filling and satisfies my chocolate cravings.
  • blaxican26
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition whey isolates with Almond milk and large banana. Works for me
  • Shawnrene05
    Options
    As far as a recovery, I use Results and Recovery by Beachbody. It is affordable, tastes like an orange smoothie, and does work. I start Insanity today, and am looking forward to some R&R!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk.
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like the Biorythm products - they seem to have less of the additives. I use the protein powders in smoothies toward the end of the day when I need to get my calories and protein up for the day. After my lifting I use the Afterglow (watermelon is tasty). GNC store.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I see, I thought you were looking for replacements.

Peanut butter and jam sammich!!
  • rachelwarner32
    Options
    I see, I thought you were looking for replacements.

Peanut butter and jam sammich!!
    Yum now I'm hungry :-)