What do you think of people younger than you?

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2019
    ythannah wrote: »
    As I get older, younger people appear younger and younger to me.

It's only alarming when I have to deal with a medical professional who, to me, doesn't look old enough to drive legally. I recognize that my perspective is a bit off.

Hard to generalize, many "young" looking medical professionals have plenty of experience/extensive history in the field whilst a few bad apples leave lasting impressions in the minds of many. I believe many being unable to differentiate receptionists (god some of these drive me crazy with incompetence) from professionals is another HUGE bias

Kind of pisses me off your common often baby boomer only values judgment & opinions from grey haired professionals who are often stuck in the past, not keeping up the changes, unable to think critically/outside the box, and often times having spent much time living underneath a rock
  • DarkTwain
    DarkTwain Posts: 130 Member
    That I too was young, made poor fashion and dating choices, danced to bad music that didn't age well and I turned out pretty OK. As will they.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Walkin’ around like they rent the place.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Remember The Maine!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    They've had less time than me, less life-time, so if we all die tomorrow, I've won the actual "time" alive lottery
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Oh hey! Tuinal!

“I just wanted to sleep. I wanted little blue Amytal Sodium capsules, 200-milligram-sized. I wanted red-and-blue Tuinal bullet capsules, lipstick-red Seconal.”
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member

It's only alarming when I have to deal with a medical professional who, to me, doesn't look old enough to drive legally. I recognize that my perspective is a bit off.

Hard to generalize, many "young" looking medical professionals have plenty of experience/extensive history in the field whilst a few bad apples leave lasting impressions in the minds of many. I believe many being unable to differentiate receptionists (god some of these drive me crazy with incompetence) from professionals is another HUGE bias

Kind of pisses me off your common often baby boomer only values judgment & opinions from grey haired professionals who are often stuck in the past, not keeping up the changes, unable to think critically/outside the box, and often times having spent much time living underneath a rock

I tease my dentist pretty relentlessly about being young. His comeback is that he's fresh out of school so that means he's more current.

It only really bothers me when I hand my dogs over to a vet who looks like a teenager. :| I remind myself that vet college takes 7 years so they have to be at least late 20s....
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I try to avoid eye contact with them. I don't wanna end up on WorldStar HipHop.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I don't like a lot of the music that is popular in high school now, too much pop and not enough rock, but otherwise I think people younger than me are similar to people my age and older. Some of them are polite, respectful, well-mannered, and hard-working, and some are lazy jerks. No age range holds the monopoly on either.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I envy their ability to bounce, I used to not be afraid to fall off a horse, but then it started to really hurt when that happened.

And no matter what anyone says, I just can't get behind the manbun trend.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    At times I am alarmed and at other times I am impressed by young people.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member

Many young looking medical professionals still get the side eye from older people, especially women. I have experienced this.

Some older folks still assume that the male orderly is the doctor and female doctor is a nurse.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    I get along better with people younger than me (it's a mental age/interests kind of thing) but I swear, I went into urgent care once and the doctor that saw me looked twelve. I called him Dougie Houser. I don't think he knew who that was. :) He still had more medical experience than me so.... :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Younger people teach me patience for sure. I'm 100% grey now for a reason, a.k.a two daughters. :smiley:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Many young looking medical professionals still get the side eye from older people, especially women. I have experienced this.

Some older folks still assume that the male orderly is the doctor and female doctor is a nurse.

At least I know better than that. :D I used to interview candidates for admission to medical school and over 50%
    of applicants are female now. Some years it was more like 75% female.
  • getfitfaster18
    getfitfaster18 Posts: 62 Member
    I don't like them.
    I think they should be banned.