HELP!Calorie deficit w diet and exercise with no weight loss!

Options
This is Day 17 of counting all calories and getting activity, with the end result of 2 lbs gained! Really frustrated... I’ve tracked calories in (w MFP) and calories out (Apple Watch activity), and should have 7700 cal deficit 👎. I’m only doing cardio, so wouldn’t think it’s muscle gain. Help! I’m about to give up

Replies

• wicked41669
    wicked41669 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same struggle here. 17 days and nothing lost.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    see the chart, it's really accurate.

first off, 17 days is super early days, it doesn't happen over night.

Is the exercise new? if so your muscles may be retaining extra water.
    Are you using a food scale? If not, get one, start using it and be careful in picking entires (they are user generated).
    how often do you weigh yourself? same time of day? 2lbs is well within daily fluctuation so it may just be that.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    It's early days, keep going, keep counting those calories and staying in calorie deficit and the weight loss will happen. In another few weeks you will see some progress happen.

And remember our weight fluctuates normally from day to day, up as well as down for a host of reasons so take those readings with a pinch of salt and trust the process because it works.

All the best.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    This is Day 17 of counting all calories and getting activity, with the end result of 2 lbs gained! Really frustrated... I’ve tracked calories in (w MFP) and calories out (Apple Watch activity), and should have 7700 cal deficit 👎. I’m only doing cardio, so wouldn’t think it’s muscle gain. Help! I’m about to give up

Any new activity will cause weight to spike.
    And no, muscle doesn't come that easily, it takes lifting weights and even then it takes months and eating in calorie surplus rather than deficit.
  • roisin_keating
    roisin_keating Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m feeling the same- eating at a calorie deficit working out 4-5times per week and not losing as quickly as I hoped or as quick as I have done in the past. Trying to stay focused on long term results despite the scale not changing though. Maybe take progress pics/ measurements of your waist for more ways to track progress?