WEIGHT GAIN- TRAVEL ADVICE

Options
I am stuck at about 109.... I made it to 111 and missed a few shakes and dropped below 110 again. Here is where my question lies, I lose weight VERY easily & VERY quickly ( literally 2-3 lbs a week at each weigh in if I’m not ON POINT). I will be traveling by plane next month. It will be hot (so sweating slightly) and lots of walking. Right now I drink 2 shakes a day, made to a T, with a blender and specific ingredients. I guess I’m just trying to decide if I should pack some powder and just make one shake a day with milk to try and maintain- I obviously can’t bring my ice cream, peanut butter, blender, and gallon of milk with me lol I really don’t want to worry about it on vacation but MONTHS of hard work will be at stake here.

Do I bring some powder & buy milk there ? Do I just say screw it, It’s vacation, have fun & make up for it when I get back? Do I bring something else high calorie like a snack, just to attempt to fill my shake void a LITTLE bit to avoid a ton of weight loss?

I’m sure SOMEONE - SOMEWHERE has met this dilemma! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bring prepackaged high calorie snacks. Perfect bars have around 330 calories and don't have to remain refrigerated. Most convenience stores also sell peanut butter, milk, and other high calorie items. I'm not really sure where exactly you're traveling to, but I can't imagine it being too difficult to hit your calorie goal with foods that aren't in shake form as long as there is some type of convenience or grocery store near you.
  • ceebrawl2018
    ceebrawl2018 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Disney 🙄 so there’s like no stores to just walk to! I’m gunna use the amazon food delivery but still won’t have my blender lol but I’m hoping with the amazon deli every I can grab a weeks worth of good calorie fillers!
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Disney 🙄 so there’s like no stores to just walk to! I’m gunna use the amazon food delivery but still won’t have my blender lol but I’m hoping with the amazon deli every I can grab a weeks worth of good calorie fillers!

I've had good luck making shakes with just a blender bottle. Of course you can't put too solid of things in there but milk, peanut butter and bananas (if you mash them first) work just fine! Get as many calorie dense foods as you can and don't be afraid to enjoy that theme park food lol.

Edited to add: if you're staying in a hotel sometimes you can ask them for additional appliances.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

Disney is an excellent place to eat more food. Yes, there's lots of walking -- but there are also plenty of places to grab calorie dense snacks.

If you're staying on property, you can get Amazon food delivery there, and many of the resorts have places where you can buy basic food stuff on-site.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about a few pounds weight fluctuation. It's hard to stay a specific weight all the time. It's normal for our weight to fluctuate. My weight is never consistent either. As for what to bring to Disney, I'd bring one of those shaker bottles and some ziplock bags of protein powder and you'll be fine. Like what they said above me, they sell calorie dense foods at Disney so you'll be fine. Have a good time!
  • Tylerbruce30
    Tylerbruce30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have you tried granola or a big bag of trail mix people that climb mount Everest live on almonds because they weigh the least and have the highest amount of energy for their weight. I’d pack like a huge bag and just keep nibbling on them as the day goes on and they won’t go bad and you don’t need to keep them cool. Some people don’t like them with the skins so you can get them skin less. If you got trail mix you could add dried fruits. You could also dehydrate some pre cooked meals and then just add water afterwards I’m sure if you googled it you could even find a place to buy some pre made meals. Ps hope you have a great trip look up Mount Robson BC Canada that’s my favourite hiking spot. Cheers