Motivation? What's that??

Options
I feel like over the past month I've accomplished a lot. A lot of NSV such as walking the entire National Mall (D.C.) about 5 times and really watching my intake of food while on vacation. But now I'm home and it's back to the gym and I am just having the HARDEST time dragging my butt in there. Any motivational tips? Good music to get myself going? Anything!
This is super awkward for me as well -- I'm just starting out and slow to make progress.

Replies

• simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Find a class you like, zumba, pump spin, yoga kikcboxing and go religously.. You will meet so many likeminded people
    that you will lose weight and make friends.
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Set your workout clothes out the night before, either beside your bed or wherever your get ready in the morning (bathroom sink?). Hard to say "NO" when it's staring you in the face...
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm on my phone. When it goes off, I get myself to the gym. By the time I get started I'm resigned to the idea it's workout time. Once I start, I finish... and I love it.

Going is hard sometimes, but the jolt the sudden alarm gives me is usually enough.
  • KatieOrange09
    KatieOrange09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
    I'm getting better at planning meals in advance so that's becoming more of a regular thing. I think the alarm deal would be a great "get up and go" thing for me. : )
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    For me, it's ALWAYS the "getting ready and getting there" part that sucks. But you've got to truck through it. Think about how good you feel during and after, and think about the big changes you're making in your life.

You've just got to motivate yourself! It's in there...promise!
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    A great thought along these lines mentioned by numerous posters above:

"Wow, I REALLY REGRET that workout" ~Nobody. EVER.