Not aiming for a goal weight

Options
Hey all, how are you?

I'm trying a new approach and wondering if any one else is in the same mine frame and looking for friends.

I haven't set a goal weight for myself this time. I feel I get to focused on hitting that number and when I don't I get aggravated and give up. So my goal is more general move more, eat less/better, and drop a few pounds in the process. In your like minded or just needs friends add me message me whatever.

Just to get an idea on who i am I'm 34 married 1 daughter like hunting fishing the outdoors in general and love me some kayak time.

Replies

• FitBeardedJourney
    FitBeardedJourney Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I totally relate with being frustrated at having a goal set in your mind and it never works out! that is why I hate the scale, in the morning you'll weight this much but by the evening you're at this weight... there are plenty of reasons why that is (i.e. water weight, muscle mass). My approach has been taking progress pictures every so often to see where I am at.
  • Dittmermo
    Dittmermo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like the pic idea I may not like the pics now but hey why I'm here and kinda the point.
  • Nama_Slay38
    Nama_Slay38 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Progress pics are must! @FitBeardedJourney hit the nail on head... scale measures everything, fat, muscle, water etc, taking measurements is the the tell all sign! Best of luck!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I think that's fine. Admirable, even!
  • FitBeardedJourney
    FitBeardedJourney Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Dittmermo wrote: »
    I like the pic idea I may not like the pics now but hey why I'm here and kinda the point.

Once you see the result, it gets addictive. Especially like myself I started with a 37" pant size and now can fit in 32". Just know it's all about being consistent and doing the work everyday! It's a lifestyle change! You'll get there