What dessert do you have for approx 300 cals??

Options
sarav58
sarav58 Posts: 9 Member
Have a friend coming over and looking to do something simple for dessert but just dont know what will be nice for approx 300 cals, any ideas??

xx

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Easy banana oat cookies :)

3 ripe bananas
    2 cups oatmeal
    1/4 cup sugar free applesauce
    1/3 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup raisins/ chocolate chips
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tbsp cinnamon

Just mush up the banana and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Use a soup spoon to make 15 cookies (They will be very mushy before you bake them.) Just pop them in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees and enjoy! They are delicious and only 60-80 calories each. :)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I have a 150 cal cupcake! its the betty crocker shake and pour confetti cupcake mix (130 cal), you mix with water only. I double the amount of water, comes out just fine, and doubles the number of cupcakes made. then I top with 20 cal fat free cool whip... so freekin good!!!
  • nadz6012
    nadz6012 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pudding :) You can eat the whole box for that if you use skim milk
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Melt dark chocolate (which is low calorie) & dip fruit into it?
  • sarav58
    sarav58 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    all of those sound great, thanks guys off to the supermarket I go! x
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Slow churned half the fat salted caramel pretzel ice cream... A full custard bowl/1cup is 240cal and is absolutely delicious.

Edit: Also Klondike has a no sugar added ice cream bar called Krunch square that is 160cal.
    Atkins has indulge products that are basically portioned chocolate bars that are anywhere from 130-160 calories a piece
    Can you tell i like sweets?
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Just make something you enjoy.

I'd be super pissed if someone tried a new low cal recipe out on me and it tasted bad
  • aggieanne04
    aggieanne04 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies :)

1/4 cup natural peanut butter
    1/2 stick butter, unsalted
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 large egg
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 1/4 cups flour
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. baking soda
    dash of salt (optional)
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Melt peanut butter, butter, and sugar together in a saucepan on low (or in the microwave- 30 seconds on high, stir, repeat til melted). Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt). Stir in butter/pb/sugar mixture, vanilla, and egg. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Press mixture into pan as evenly as possible and bake at 350F for 25-30minutes.

If you cut it into 8 servings, each piece is 283 calories, 14g fat, 38g carbs, 2g fiber, 9g sugar, 7g protein.
  • gemmalu
    gemmalu Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I'd be super pissed if someone tried a new low cal recipe out on me and it tasted bad

^this!^

You can always be a bit stricter the rest of the week but then enjoy a nice dessert when your friend comes around. You shows enjoy time with our friends rather than be worrying about calories :-)
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    300 calories is plenty for a normal (non-healthified) desert. Small slice (think half slice) of cake with a coffee, a chocolate chip cookie, a scoop of ice cream in a pretty ice cream dish with berries or peaches.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Very low cal fromage frais mixed with low calorie instant hot chocolate. Not exactly clean but tastes like chocolate mousse. Of course there is also good old fashioned strawberries and cream! Yummy!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    My recipe for Creme Caramel comes in at 207. Made with 750 ml semi skimmed milk, 5 eggs and 220 g sugar. Half of the sugar is used for the caramel and the other half goes in the custard.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Melt dark chocolate (which is low calorie) & dip fruit into it?

^^ This is one of my personal favorites. If I'm not in the mood for chocolate, then I make the sugar free cheesecake pudding with skim milk and add berries. Yum!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    A serving of Talenti gelato has between 180 to 240 calories depending on the flavor. You can't go wrong with Talenti.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I'd be happy with strawberries and light whipped cream!
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Stewed fruit and half fat creme fraiche is way below 300 cals
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    The answer is always ice cream.
  • Determined82
    Determined82 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    The hershey pies at Burger King are 310 calories. They are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!!!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Dreyers slow churned- good amount of ice cream for 300 cals, frozen yoghurt- generous serving..my current fav is peanut butter flavor(yumm), cup cakes, any moderate piece of cake also should be good
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    casein protein powder + milk, in fridge... under 250 calories and yummy!