Female needing help hitting 2000 calories a day w/out junk

Options
I train 6 days a week lifting weights with sprinkled in metcons or HIIT circuits after weight training. One of those days is sprints, bike, or rower work. I weigh 137 pounds currently after taking a week off from training but am typically at 140. Im lean and very muscular and i know i should be consuming around 2000 cal a day to maintain muscle and fuel workouts. I dont consistently log lately because i have an idea now of what i need to do but when i do log im no where near my goal and ive just accepted the fact that 2000 cal is impossible. I feel full and am usually eating 3 large meals a day plus snacks and supplement with a scoop of protein just to hit my protein goal but most protein is consumed via food. I do liquid carbs to fuel training and eat an additional 120g of carbs but my logs are hitting max 1600 cal a day and i feel like ive eaten all day. Helathier foods dont carry much weight in the calorie dept and without processed garbage i cant hit my goals. Does that seem to be the mistake im making? Not eating some sort of high calorie processed food to hit my numbers? Im 400 calories away and eating a 4th meal is insane to me because im not hungry for it. Ive logged my food today and havent had dinner yet but im sitting at 1400 cal. HELP!!

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at around 1600 calories and how much weight have you lost in that time? (not counting the last week where you took off training)

• gunnshannonm
    gunnshannonm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    took a quick look at your diary - some thoughts - you could easily make up those calories, just by boosting your servings

i.e. you have 2x 112g servings of ground beef - bump that up to 150-200g
    you have 2oz sweet potato noodles - have 3-4oz
    you list 3 eggs - make that 4 or add some more egg whites
    have 2 slices of cheese instead of 1

also notice you don't have a lot of starches - aside from your sweet potato noodles - why not have some rice, or another grain (unless you have a medical need to avoid them)

The 13th was a true log
  • gunnshannonm
    gunnshannonm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The 13th was a full log. I slacked on the other days and didnt complete