Please help

Options
2»

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new eating/food lifestyle. You will find lots of support here, people who have great suggestions, a few warped sense of humors, ok maybe more than a few.
    You have already take the first Giant Step. which now will be followed by many baby steps. You and you alone have DECIDED to make this change. Which in itself is a big deal.

As you may have noticed, a number of the super cool people who have responded are serial posters, and that is great for everyone who joins here as lots of knowledge. You will learn so much, tips for free.

What I find incredible I joined in May 2018 and here I am 9 months later and still eating right, and working on me. This is a first and I am 60 years old. A great place to find support, help, assistance, somewhere to vent, and somewhere to be cheered on.
  • besmith11
    besmith11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Heather, as many others have stated, there is no judgment here. You also have been provided with amazing advice in the previous posts.

I know you do not know me but I am very proud of you and the first few steps you have taken. Keep it up.

The only other things I would add to those that posted are the following:

1. Read the "stickied" posts as they are extremely helpful.
    2. Take one day, hour, minute, heck even one second at a time. If we look at the big picture for too long sometimes we can get overwhelmed.
    3. Trust in the process. Weight loss is not linear. If I knew how to share my graph, I would.
    4. When you have logging your food down, set some non-scale goals for yourself. This could be anything like having a shirt you want to fit into, any fitness type of thing (I want to walk for 5 minutes straight), any habit you want to maintain, etc. You get the picture.
    5. Measure yourself. Sometimes when we do not see the scale move, we see losses around our waist/thighs/arms, etc.

I believe in you and when/if you get down about some things, read the NSV thread! It will lift your spirits, I promise.
  • ren_f1
    ren_f1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good for you... this isn’t easy. You may want to listen to the podcast,
    phit n phat. The podcaster lost over 100 pounds and has great suggestions. Best of luck to you!
  • besmith11
    besmith11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    besmith11 wrote: »
    3. Trust in the process. Weight loss is not linear. If I knew how to share my graph, I would.

Found out how to do it. I don't suggest this for everyone but I do weigh myself daily at the same time. This is what I do so I can understand my body better. Again, I don't suggest this for everyone but I am a nerd and like to see these things in black and white ( or in my Excel program... color. ) It is just important to remember that weight loss is not linear. See the picture. qjony4x2vjh2.jpg
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Heather! I second what everyone else has said. Also, if you're on Instagram there are so many inspiring and motivating people who have lost hundreds of pounds.

fatgirlfedup
    itty_bitty_britty
    getfitwjessica

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Welcome, Heather! I second what everyone else has said. Also, if you're on Instagram there are so many inspiring and motivating people who have lost hundreds of pounds.

fatgirlfedup
    itty_bitty_britty
    getfitwjessica

@Sharon_C - it's against the TOS of this site to share IG or other social media usernames. You might want to delete them and send them via PM.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Hello from a big boy in chronic recovery.... lost over 220 lbs... some to rapidly. I support you in doing what you are doing. Just will advise you to research life after weight loss. I didn't. It's a different world for some of us. Good and bad. I had to take a path that you don't have to. My doctor told me I was going to end up in a motorised scooter within a year of two. Explore all of your options. Decide what you can live with. Forget all the motivational post. Habit will help you get things done. Almost to the point of motor memory. Best wishes.