Power of the Pooch

Options
I’m back again. This time I’m 82kg (I had a baby - 2 years ago) and I’m struggling. My main issue is eating at night. Anyone got any tips on how to stay out of the kitchen after hours ???

Replies

• doclong10
    doclong10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thot it was a 4-legged support-post too...lol. 💗my *luci lui* is mine &she has been amazing! Its my 3rd day of program & looking bk, evenings when I go to kitchen for eve.snack, she jumps into see what "we" r hvng...lol. My ALARM. Helps to remind me!!! ...finding new patterns of behavior: 1)get to bed earlier! & 2) save a healthy evening treat for both of us (one reward each). 🌹💕 (this autocorrect sux!)
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Are you watching TV at night when you get cravings? That happens to me, watching TV always gives me the munchies, so I stopped watching TV :D

Also you can have low calorie snacks in preportioned containers ready for when you snack. Side salads, pickles, low calorie frozen treats, etc. And don’t have tempting foods in the house, out of sight and out of mind.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Aww, was expecting a dog thread. Actually lost a bit of weight when I got my pooch because I had to start walking him 3 times a day!

For me, 2 things help. One is to simply distract myself with doing something (reading, watching a film, painting my nails, whatever) and I usually plan a small treat for after dinner. Knowing that I'll have a little something later makes it easier to avoid snacking now.
  • RebelRebel00
    RebelRebel00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Either save some calories for the evening or replace your snacks with herbal teas, preferably ones that encourage calm and sleep... lemon balm , chamomile etc :)
  • RubyL333
    RubyL333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The pooch I’m referring to is the bit of your tummy that folds over 😱🙈been trying to get rid of it for years
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,992 Member
    Options
    I go to bed earlier.

Seriously though, postpone breakfast. Postpone dinner. Be a little hungry between meals. Have a cucumber between meals so you can stretch dinner to a later time. Save calories in your meals by using less butter, less cheese, one piece of bread instead of two, and then you'll have room for a 150 calorie snack at bedtime.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    RubyL333 wrote: »
    The pooch I’m referring to is the bit of your tummy that folds over 😱🙈been trying to get rid of it for years

Lifting heavy and a moderate calorie deficit helped tons in that area for me.
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    A hot chocolate or hot tea after dinner helps me. I also turn off the lights in the kitchen and close the baby gate. :D Brush teeth, and if all that fails I go to bed early.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I go to bed earlier.

Seriously though, postpone breakfast. Postpone dinner. Be a little hungry between meals. Have a cucumber between meals so you can stretch dinner to a later time. Save calories in your meals by using less butter, less cheese, one piece of bread instead of two, and then you'll have room for a 150 calorie snack at bedtime.

I agree. I used to get peckish at night until my boyfriend started having to work late and now we don't eat dinner until 8 or 9pm. I have breakfast at 10am, lunch at 2pm and dinner at 8pm/9pm and don't feel the need to snack like I did when my meal schedule was 7am, 12pm, 6pm. Obviously this depends on work/life schedules but if you can switch to later it will make a difference.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about dog walking. :'(
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be about dog walking. :'(

Me, too. I was hoping for cute pictures of canine exercise partners.