13yrs of getting started!!!

Options
lrnlife
lrnlife Posts: 9 Member
Over the last 13 years I have started and stopped this journey often losing 30lbs and then letting life’s unexpected derailments stop me. I choose to start this round of making it a lifestyle and not quitting. No more I’m gonna start Monday or let me just eat my favorite snacks one last time or let me think what should I order before I start. Nope!! This round gonna make a change to just don’t quit. Even the bad days I will continue the next day eating the best I can!! We got this and so far I’m done 7lbs!! 130 to go🙂

Replies

• pmoran525
    pmoran525 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I do the same. I need to get my act together.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Same here, I get it. I get a burst of motivation and start tracking and losing, feel cranky and hungry, a few weeks later it dwindles along with my motivation, I eat more and more and gain a few extra pounds on top of what I already need to lose. It's an awful cycle. We need to stay focused !
  • floppybackend
    floppybackend Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think it helps having strong people behind you (I have a bossy motivated fit husband) and thats getting me in shape. My self motivation is poor and I am not a leader but a follower so being told what to do helps. Staying focused when life throws curved balls is hard and its not easy for anyone. Things go wrong, other things in life take over that is just natural. I think its a life change that has to be for the rest of your life and goes as a priority over other luxuries in social time. Avoiding people who drag you in the opposite direction is a must. Good luck
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You don't even have to give up your favorite snacks; just make sure the amount you eat, calorie-wise, fits into your daily allowance. I've been here 4 years and have had my ups and downs (currently in a rough patch), but sticking around is what keeps me from backsliding all the way. Feel free to add me if you are an active/interactive poster.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You have the power to do this. It take determination & self control. Easy for some & not so much for others.

I have really good self control & I am in charge of what I eat!!

:)