I hate my skinny face

Options
So am one of those people who lose the most weight from their face and collar bones and stuff. I used to be skinny a few years ago and had a nice body but my face was so bony everyone thought I was sick. On my current journey, I have lost 15kg already but haven't lost any dress size, just about 2 inches from my stomach. On the other hand my collar bones has already started appearing and my face has become so skinny. I have 30kg more to lose and am scared is gonna be just as bony and sick looking like before. I know we can't target where we lose weight but this really scare me because it makes me look very sick and people keep asking if am ok.

Replies

• tauntonmom
    tauntonmom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you tend to get left with a skinny face (there are probably many who get left with a fuller face and wish their weight loss would show there!), consider if there is a change you can treat yourself to that would help you feel more positive. Been years since you've rocked a new hairstyle? Consult with a good hairdresser and ask for recommendations for cuts that flatter your new face shape. Or maybe a full makeover if you're into makeup. Or teeth whitening if that would boost your confidence in your appearance. You're doing the hard work to get healthier and deserve to feel good about yourself!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. It sucks when there is something about us we can't control. I have the opposite problem. It seems no matter how much I lose I keep my fat face and huge double chin. So I can never do those before/after face posts.

• Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Maybe therapy or go to the doc if you think things are going wrong.

I’m in therapy, so dont take offense
  • _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'd gladly swap with you.....My face is the last place I loose and judging by the face only you'd think I'm 20kg heavier than I actually am. It's just one of those things you can't change so need to learn to accept it and like yourself the way you are
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I get a very skinny face again if I lose too much weight. I already have a very narrow head, thus I decided a low weight is not for me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Maybe investing in a good skin care routine could help? Nothing says good health like great skin!