Fat loss while maintaining weight?

I’m 5’1 with a starting weight of 137 and current weight at 105. I did this through a caloric deficit and minimal exercise like HIIT workouts 2-3 times a week. Due to a medical issue, I’ve had to stop working out for over a month now. Soon I will be cleared to start exercising again but I wonder what I should do in terms of shaping my body. I’ve lost fat from almost all areas of my body but I have about 5-8lbs of fat left on my stomach. Do you think lifting weights might help trim those lost few inches from my stomach area? Also, prior to lifting weights should I just work on strength training in general to prepare for lifting weights. I’m afraid I’ve lost my form and strength from the long gap of not exercising. Also do you recommend that I stay at a deficit or a maintenance now that I’m at a low body weight?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I replied to your other thread on this subject (FYI - multiple threads are discouraged).
  • stellaella22
    stellaella22 Posts: 10 Member
    I apologize! I am new this whole MyFitnessPal discussion community. Thank you for the tip! Won’t do it again in the future.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I apologize! I am new this whole MyFitnessPal discussion community. Thank you for the tip! Won’t do it again in the future.

No worries. :smiley: