Snacks

Options
Hello I’m looking for some healthy snack ideas that I can eat in my car. I recently started a second job and now I’m stuck in 45 minutes of traffic. I am trying to figure out snacks that I can eat easily that are healthy and keep me satisfied until I get home.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    That's really up to you and what you like.

You can always bring along a small cooler with an ice pack, too.
  • veggieburger1
    veggieburger1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i like carrots and hummus, or lunch meat with lettuce as a wrap. you could also make a sandwich on low-cal bred and take it with you.
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like & can fit in your calories. I always had 'emergency' almonds for traffic jams on the way home.....
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I keep some kind of bar on hand. My favorites are from the Fiber One brand because I always struggle with getting enough fiber & some of their stuff tastes more like a bad for you treat then a diet food. You have to really look at the box though; not all of them are 90 calories like the brownies which are my favorite.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont really eat in my car but bars (of various kinds) would work, and preportioned bags of popcorn (really like the boom chicka pop ones). nuts. those prepackaged snacks that have meat, cheese and nuts .... anything really.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    A protein shake!
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I like easy snacks that only require one hand, so there's things pepperoni (I like turkey), cereal, pretzels, baby carrots, popcorn, nuts...and I'm sure a bunch more I can't think of right now! A good tip though-a 16 oz sour cream or similar container fits great in a cup holder for snacks!
  • Salixiana
    Salixiana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Kind bars, especially the nut-based flavors. Tidy to eat, good blend of protein and fiber, not too much sugar. Also Krave natural beef jerky. Expensive, but if you can afford it, it's a good source of protein and they don't have added nitrites and nitrates. The pink peppercorn flavor is great.