What to do with my Clothes???

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont keep things any larger than one size up.

if i have to buy BIGGER clothes, theres an issue i need to address, and rapidly. I havent gained back any of my weight, and maintained for 3 years. People use excuses such as 'life' but we all have 'life'. in the 5 years (2 active weight loss and 3 maintenance), i was caregiver to my husband and grandparents, left my husband, my grandparents (who raised me) died, found my ex dead, met a new guy, moved a total of 5 times, bought a house, had several jobs, got married. and i have kids, too. Thats LIFE. i maintained instead of lost for 3 years because MOST of that chaos was in a 3 year time period LOL.

anyways, everyone does whats best for them. for me, i give it all away, in one form or another. Some people want to keep larger sizes on hand, others don't. do whatever is right, and feels right, to YOU.

most of my clothes that i purchased as i lost weight, came from thrift stores. I have an AWESOME wardrobe. It is a great way to get new (sometimes literally, with tags) clothes at a fraction of the price. Even the formal wear I have was second hand through poshmark or thredup. ive been in a clothes buying mood lately, but am forcing myself to wait until im down a jeans size, since im actively losing again LOLOL

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to find someone I can give them to directly. If not, they will go to a local secondhand store where mentally handicapped people work and the proceeds benefit a woman's shelter.

I've used freecycle.org to give to people directly.

I've taken better items to consignment shops and when I just wanted to get the whole process over with donated to thrift stores.