Diet Pop Cake

Options
NicolePayne
NicolePayne Posts: 9 Member
Have any of you heard of 'Diet Pop Cake"?? A friend of mine told me about it a little while ago, and wanted to pass it along to you all ~ just in case there is no avoid your sweet tooth!! :bigsmile:

All you do is take 1 box of cake mix (any kind) and one can of diet pop (any flavor), mix together, pour into a 9x13 pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray and bake for about 20-25 minutes at 350. You can do all kinds of variations...

Diet Dr Pepper with Spice Cake
Diet 7-up/Sierra Mist/Diet Mountain Dew with white cake
Diet Cherry 7-up with chocolate cake

Your fat and calories are based on what the dry cake mix, since you are not adding any from the can of diet pop. I was surprised at how good this was, I didn't even bother putting any icing on it!! Only difference you will notice is the hint of whatever flavor diet pop you use (example:Diet Sierra Mist will give the suttle taste of citrus), and that the cake will be more crumbly than a full fat cake, but it is still moist.

Enjoy :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Learned this in weight watchers and never tried it but heard its good! thanks for the reminder!!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but I have a box to try it sometime with. :) I also heard it turns out really good using a cup of egg beaters(120 cal) or a cup of nonfat yogurt. The yogurt is supposed to make it nice and velvety but not adding too many calories. I want to try it with a cup of light and fit vanilla yogurt sometime next week. :)
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time....so yummy even my husband couldn't tell a difference. You can also add a box of instant sugar free pudding to make it really moist. With the diet soda, the cakes are usually not as "tall" and fluffy, so don't be scared when it looks different :tongue: