Any Zombies, Run 5kers out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Zombies, Run! is an awesome app. The story is so engaging that it gets me up and on the go on days when I'd rather be in bed. The continuing adventures of Runner 5 really put you into the narrative.

I haven't tried the 5k training version. By the time they made that, I was already deeply immersed in the story of the full version and well-beyond the need for 5k training. But since they're made by the same team, I assume its equally as awesome.

Exactly that! I am doing another C210K app (Zen Labs), but I'm almost all the way through the Season 1 Zombies, Run! missions, and I've done one of the 5K races as well. I love it so much! It adds an element of fun and interest to my run without being annoying.
  • LauraElectric
    LauraElectric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am just about to start Week Three on the 5K training, I used to run a fair bit but a knee injury last year put me right off. I love horror stories so this seemed like the perfect way to ease back into it!! I even went and did the last session the morning after a night on the wine, usually i wuld have stayed in bed and lamented all the empty calories but this app got me moving, so I am really happy with it as a motivational tool. I usually do the 30min/40min training then go for a brisk walk straight afterwards, sometimes up to an hour. I actually enjoy exercising once I get going, but find it hard to convince myself of that when the sofa looks so cosy....this app had been great for getting me outside and once I'm there i don't want to stop :)

I am always looking for active friends and would love to hear from anyone else on the ZR5K!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    On week 5 here !
  • LauraElectric
    LauraElectric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow, just got in from training...week three is a massive step up in effort from the last 2 weeks!
  • Jason3589
    Options
    Just downloaded it, hopefully l can use it on the treadmill, after my weights programme