What Is Your Favorite Healthy Food?

Options
13»

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I had some steamed zucchini at lunch that was amazing. I love zucchini.

Who are you and what have you done with @quiksylver296?
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Pizza.

Same here. Made with fresh tomato, basil and Parmesan cheese. Yum

I always feel the need to stick up for pizza around here. Nice mix of macros and endless topping options, doesn't have to be made on a pillowy thick crust fried on the bottom in olive oil (but myyyy is it ever good that way! ;) )

Why did I read this and "Nice mix of nachos and endless..."?

Trying to figure out who would put nachos on pizza, but you never know with @pinuplove

You could make pizza nachos. I bet that would be delicious!

Or nacho pizza 🤤
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Oatmeal is comfort food for me. I prepare quick oats in the microwave at work very often for breakfast, and I am never disappointed. I add cinnamon and a pinch of salt to make sure it brings out the best flavor. Add a (true, measured out) tablespoon of honey and some almond milk I'm all set!

Yes, it's actually quite a bit of sugar, but if I have this then I am not tempted to grab a sugary coffee with double the amount of sugar.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I had some steamed zucchini at lunch that was amazing. I love zucchini.

Who are you and what have you done with @quiksylver296?

I do eat vegetables...sometimes. 🍅 🌽 🌶
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Uggghh so many things. Avocado, pineapple, frozen grapes, oatmeal, nuts, nut butter, fish, all veggies, mushrooms, grilled chicken on salad and many more. I also love unhealthy food like cheese cake, buffalo chicken, burritos, pizza, max&cheese and anything chocolate. I know some of these things can be viewed as healthy when prepared a certain way or in moderation but for me it’s not an option. I have no self control at times lol.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Red Russian Kale. It's a thing of beauty. I can eat it straight.

3fb485a48355877b80a338ddd63c31dc.jpg
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Bananas, Strawberries, Blackberries, Cantaloupe, Salmon, Chicken Breast, Greek Yogurt (w/ honey), Squash (Zucchini, Yellow, Butternut, Spaghetti), Potatoes (esp. Sweet Potato), Spinach, Brown Rice, Nuts, Beans (esp. Black Beans), Lentils, Carrots, Eggs, Asparagus. I enjoy plenty. My downfall is more time / effort related than taste related.

I don’t care for most vegetables raw, though...
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Taco salad.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    kam26001 wrote: »

No one should eat kale straight. It needs fat, otherwise no benefits.

You would still have all the benefits of the non-fat soluble vitamins in the kale, as well as the fiber. Kale has a lot of vitamin C, as well as potassium and calcium.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »

@kam26001 - agree!!!!

I’ll add rainbow chard to that as well. I was in the grocery store last week and they were highlighting all their purple and red greens - it just looked like it was glowing! Photo does not do justice. 🤗

s4rjaifb2fgz.jpeg
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    today - GALA APPLES.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Always a half cup of blackberries or raspberries. Plus, frozen cooked lobster (1 calorie per gram).
  • budonyan
    budonyan Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I love my veggies and legumes!!! Especially cabbage and lentils. Especially them together. Piled with peppercorn and sriracha sauce.. oh and all the tofu.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Plain 0% Greek yogurt...easy to digest, sour-bland, & quite satiating. Versatile as well used in various dressings
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    Avocado
    Arugula
    Fuji apples
    Cara cara oranges
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any vegetable as long as it's roasted.
  • chekhov_liszt
    chekhov_liszt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds, but I really really have to watch myself or I'll eat too many. My favorite low calorie healthy foods are broccoli, cucumber "chips", pickles (well, except for the sodium), air popped popcorn, Mexican black bean burgers, chicken breast (made a variety of ways), and radishes and radish tops. Oh, and arugula! I love arugula.