Did your Cellulite go away after weight loss?

Options
vanityy99
vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
edited January 2019 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Question for those who lost all the weight they wanted and now maintaining, did your cellulite go away as well?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Nope. Reduced, yes. But still there unfortunately.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Cellulite is a result of genetics. It’s the actual makeup of your skin. It can be minimized with weight loss and by building muscle but it won’t go away completely. 😟

This is my favorite article about fit ladies with cellulite
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/breakingmuscle.com/amp/fitness/the-little-dirty-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite

Mine has diminished a decent amount after a couple bulk/ cut cycles.

that is a GREAT article. Thank you for the link. My cellulite appeared in my thighs when I turned 20 or so. My mom had it. It HAS greatly decreased with weight loss, but what I do see is that altho the texture is gone the skin still shows a type of mottling sometimes like the blood vessels underneath are visible. I remember that from childhood also - flat and not bumpy anymore. The cellulite in my upper arms which was developing before my recent loss is gone. I do have some loose skin of course, but I am 60 so that was going to happen. I have always hated the cellulite in my thighs tho. And for the first time since 20 it really it pretty much gone, but I did have to get to the lower end of normal BMI, and I did a LOT of running (which I love so not a problem!).

I haven't really done a lot of bulk/cut just lost about 30 pounds.

Best of luck. Everyone is different but I think you can reduce it significantly.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Mine went down but it's still there. It's a lot better and in the summer when I get a tan it's even less noticable.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    From my experience, it will go down some with weight loss. It will go down significantly with fat loss, but this comes with a serious change in body composition...aka very heavy lifting...I don't run, except maybe sprint drills on the track. I started training at about 25%BF, this profile pic is about at 15%BF. The yoga pants cover it up, but there are very few dimples coming up, when pinching the thighs in this stage. Maintaining is a bit rough, though.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    It has reduced a lot but is still there - losing weight helped but more so running/biking/lifting weights made more impact as underlying muscle helps the look of the skin.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Still have remnants of cellulite...looks weird/out of place when having visible quad separation/little bodyfat in the legs
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Much less cellulite ... much more loose skin :-(
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You make paper out of cellulite - why should that go away?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You make paper out of cellulite - why should that go away?

Are you thinking of cellulose? Cellulite is a lumpy appearance of the skin due to fat deposits.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Well, if that were the case...termite application would cure cellulite....lmao.