Looking for buddies with an understanding of PCOS, early 30s

Options
I know there have probably been tonnes of posts like this, but I'm back on my fitness pal and trying to lose a biggish amount of weight slowly (2 lbs a week ish). I have PCOS and have gained and lost a number of times over the years. Hoping to do things very sensibly this time - I am feeling genuinely well supported for probably the first time in my life by an amazing support system of friends and my boyfriend. I'd like to find people in a similar situation to become buddies on here to give me some accountability and motivation.

Replies

• jesseme
    jesseme Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey. Feel free to add me. While not officially diagnosed with PCOS, I do understand the condition. Especially when it comes to insulin resistance, which do I have. I’ve gained and lost over the years, but this year I’m determined to lose the remaining 40lbs of the 90 I needed to lose.
  • RenaiReborn
    RenaiReborn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey- add me if you'd like, I'm in the same boat- diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago, really buckling down the past few months to try and lose a lot of weight!
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Me too!
    Nearly 26 and was diagnosed about 4 years ago now... Its a rollercoaster ride but this year I'm committed to meeting my weightloss goal, I feel the most supported I've ever been and am seeing positive results in many areas 😁
  • holliemet94
    holliemet94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, just joined today! I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and have put on lots of weight so I really need to get on it and lose it :) feel free to add me on here! - Hollie
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey, Add me I have PCOS and have lost 86lbs since feb 2018. about 10-12lb to go.
  • sweatin4me
    sweatin4me Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can feel free to add me. I turned 30 last month and was diagnosed with PCOS as a teen. A few years ago I lost about 30lbs and was really active, but thanks to depression and a 3rd baby it all came back with some extra.
    The past year all of my symptoms have gotten much much worse and I know that dropping some of the weight will help.
  • chirstym
    chirstym Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hey, I also have pcos so feel free to add! I slowly gained 3 stone over 5 years starting when I left home for uni, and was diagnosed in the middle of that. Started trying to get back to a healthy weight (for the millionth time lol) a couple of weeks ago 🙂
  • beccapineapple8756
    beccapineapple8756 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me if they'd like to. I have pcos and was undiagnosed for years while the weight crept up and up.
    So im here to try and slowly loose weight and keep it off!
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    After decades of trying to get multiple doctors to listen to me, I was diagnosed a couple of months ago and I'm 46! I've been going to a hormone balance center for a few months now, and earlier this week my doctor told me if I didn't lose about 50 lbs. none of the hormones and supplements I'm taking would help anyhow. I listened to the Healing PCOS audiobook recently to learn more, since no one seems to understand how to treat PCOS. I've been tracking the last few days, cutting out simple carbs, and lifting heavy to build muscle.