2»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Don't eat after midnight... you might turn into a gremlin... lol

What happens if you spill water on yourself?

(PS That movie terrified me when I was a kid!)

Damn... that's how baby's are made? I've been doing it wrong for years!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Don't eat after midnight... you might turn into a gremlin... lol

What happens if you spill water on yourself?

(PS That movie terrified me when I was a kid!)

Damn... that's how baby's are made? I've been doing it wrong for years!

I'll bite my tongue in the interest of not further derailing this thread.

Apologies to the OP :flowerforyou:
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    The bigger questions is...

If you eat after midnight, do you log it as part of yesterday (since you haven't gone to sleep/ended your day yet), or tomorrow (since it is actually tomorrow)?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    There is a correlation between late night eating and weight gain. It probably has more to do with people not accounting for the extra calories. Some people will also mindlessly eat while watching t.v. they meant to have a cookie, but instead ate half the bag.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

If you eat after midnight, do you log it as part of yesterday (since you haven't gone to sleep/ended your day yet), or tomorrow (since it is actually tomorrow)?

Sleep to sleep :smile: Except anything you eat at the stroke of midnight doesn't count for either ;)

I'd be in trouble with the 6pm thing, anyway, since I'm usually still at work. I also don't do well with arbitrary restrictions.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

Depends, did I fall asleep on the couch first?

OP, sorry if it seems like we are having fun with your thread, that's what happens when you leave us unsupervised :smiley:

Meal timing doesn't really matter. The "stop eating at a certain time" advice seems to work because limiting the amount of time you are eating may, for some people, limit the amount you eat. As long as you are logging accurately and hitting your calorie goal, you're good.

Now some people find it easier to stick to their calories when they follow a particular schedule, and you would have to play around with timing to see what works for you if you are struggling to stick to your goal. Also, some people have trouble with sleep quality if they eat too close to sleeping, or eat specific foods too close to sleeping.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    @kimny72 to the rescue great advice, as usual!