Dairy making me sick!

Options
I recently gave up all forms of Dairy & wish I would have sooner.

I noticed about 2hrs after eating dairy I would start to get cramps & bloating. It was also causing issues in the bathroom...lol

I gave it up for a few days & those issues are gone. This was not easy because I love cheese & yogurt!!

Feeling 100% better and hope that is all behind me now. :)

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    One of my kids is lactose intolerant and has very similar symptoms. However, through lots of trial and error we've discovered that she can still eat some forms of dairy, and other ones with lactaid pills. She can eat cheese and yogurt, butter etc. She cannot tolerate straight up milk though (in baked goods it's ok), and ice cream is a big no no for her.

My husband has IBS and he can eat all dairy except for ice cream, weird lol.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I made this discovery 40 years ago. Dairy also triggered migraines for me. After about 20 years of no dairy, I can now have small amounts if I take lactase pills but still need to do it very seldom. Interestingly, I can eat goat cheese with no problems. 🤷‍♀️ I’m glad you found the problem and now feel better. There are now dairy yogurts and ice cream although they do not taste quite the same.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Lactose intolerance is annoying because it can develop at pretty much any time, and when you've become accustomed to it, it's hard to give it up!
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can try taking lactaid before you eat dairy and see if that helps.