Dried Mango Slices - A healthy snack in large quantities

Options
I bought a kilo of Organic Dried Mango Slices on a whim and have taken a fancy to snacking on them!

Is it healthy that I am having on average 10 slices of these a day?

I have been snacking on them instead of chocolate which I suppose is a good substitute, but am I doing myself any harm in terms of sugar levels or excess fibre?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You're probably okay in terms of sugar/fiber (check and make sure there isn't added sugar). The main thing to keep in mind is dried fruit is calorically dense. It's easy to toss back hundreds of calories, so keep an eye on serving size.

If you love mango, try them fresh, too!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Dried mangoes are AMAZING, but they do have a ton of sugar. As long as they fit into your calories you should be fine.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I love dried fruit in general and mango in particular - just be careful to correctly account for portion sizes as it's really easy to gobble down the equivalent of several pieces of fruit (which is not, in any way, a bad thing).

If you ingest more fibre than your digestive system is accustomed to it will let you know...............in fact dried apricots are far more effective than any "cleanse" on the market! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Suzy_Slim_Soon
    Options
    I'm probably going to have to start weighing them as I eat them! I have no idea how much I am eating otherwise! :)