HELP I am so discouraged I have been faithfully to a low cal low diet and not losing!

Options
2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    If you're eating sugar... or anything that can be converted to sugar (bread, beer, etc) cut back on consuming those. Not to mention, because you're working out, you may not lose looking at the scale. You may be converting fat into muscle mass!

Fat and muscle are two different things, you can't convert one into the other. And building enough muscle to affect the scale is hard, especially for women. A woman working with a trainer to bodybuild while eating in a surplus might gain a half-pound of muscle per week. The average dieter eating at a calorie deficit will not be gaining enough muscle to offset fat loss on the scale.

I've been trying like *kittens*. It makes me :sad:
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you're eating sugar... or anything that can be converted to sugar (bread, beer, etc) cut back on consuming those. Not to mention, because you're working out, you may not lose looking at the scale. You may be converting fat into muscle mass!

Fat does not convert to muscle mass and does not weigh heavier than fat.
    The most a experience body builder can expect to gain is around a quarter of a pound a week.

So will not be the case.

I would guess the scale will make the biggest difference. also make sure you have a digital quality scale to weigh yourself with.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU girls you have enlightened me and I am on it! will let you know (scale comes Thursday) how I am coming along- GIRL POWER!

This is awesome! So glad you got the message :smile: Getting and using a food scale was THE difference for me. Let us know how it goes!!!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU girls you have enlightened me and I am on it! will let you know (scale comes Thursday) how I am coming along- GIRL POWER!

s1re18c255au.gif