Broken ankle

Options
I have b een in cast 4 weeks and am looking at another 4 weeks. The scale is creeping up. Help

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to meet a specific calorie goal?
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Been there. Broke an ankle... toes at 2 different times. Ripped ligaments in each ankle a couple of years apart.
    Threw my back out falling on ice too many times to count. Now am in a rocking boot with a ripped plantar plate.

Be careful about what you eat. Portion control!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    All about the calories. If you want some exercise you could sit on a stool and do the upper body portion of a boxing type workout on your tv, you can still do upper body weights, crunches, etc.
  • kats887
    kats887 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I broke my ankle last year and the most helpful thing for me was freezer meal prep. With some help from those still on two feet, I was able to fill the freezer full of portioned meals that I could just grab and heat up (enchiladas, chicken & veggie grain bowls, souvlaki, etc.). Snacks and some sides were whatever was easiest to grab and maneuver with on crutches (yogurt, cheese & crackers/veggies)

Good luck on your recovery!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    kats887 wrote: »
    I broke my ankle last year and the most helpful thing for me was freezer meal prep. With some help from those still on two feet, I was able to fill the freezer full of portioned meals that I could just grab and heat up (enchiladas, chicken & veggie grain bowls, souvlaki, etc.). Snacks and some sides were whatever was easiest to grab and maneuver with on crutches (yogurt, cheese & crackers/veggies)

Good luck on your recovery!

I did that too but I prepped by myself. I put all the ingredients in a bag and carried the bag over to the table. I then sat and chopped, weighed, measured, etc. into plastic storage containers, which I then put in the bag and carried over to the counter to dump everything into the pan or pot. It worked really well and I was able to stay with my calorie deficit the entire time.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    40 bucks on Amazon. Can be used for arms as well. Can still use machines upper at the gym. Leg curls and extensions. Annnddd for a man my size... walking on crutches can burn up to 400 calories an hour... just my thoughs..