binge eating disorder?...please help im crying like a baby

Options
hey guys

for 3 days now i started my diet and exercise and its amazing and everything went as planned ... BOOM out of no where suddenly i smell what my wife was cooking and i went Berserk!

i mean....my diet was fine and i even eat enough to not even feel any hunger..

when i checked online it seems something called Binge eating disorder....everything is fine BOOM ur whole plan destroyed by a setback.

please help....im crying like a baby now....if i dont succeed in this i might be on my way to an early grave....please if anyone out there explains to me why binge happens and how to treat it ? and does this means the end for me?

i really hate myself now....really my life

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eating what your wife was cooking after restricting calories for a few days is not a binge eating disorder. Save the drama for your mama, you post things like this all the time and it's really getting old quick.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I'm not qualified to comment on whether or not you have BED, but I wouldn't self-diagnose an eating disorder based on a single episode when you first start dieting. LOTS of people experience binge cravings and symptoms- it could be just a mental thing, a reaction to being on a "diet". It could be that you're not eating enough calories or your macros are off- if I eat less than ~150 g carbs I get CRAZY binge cravings, or it could be that your diet is generally too restrictive- often when people eliminate food groups (like, no bread! no dairy! no red meat!) they get binge symptoms.

I would give it some time and make sure your diet is really sufficient for your needs and monitor your symptoms, and talk to your doctor if the binge symptoms continue.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'm not qualified to comment on whether or not you have BED, but I wouldn't self-diagnose an eating disorder based on a single episode when you first start dieting. LOTS of people experience binge cravings and symptoms- it could be just a mental thing, a reaction to being on a "diet". It could be that you're not eating enough calories or your macros are off- if I eat less than ~150 g carbs I get CRAZY binge cravings, or it could be that your diet is generally too restrictive- often when people eliminate food groups (like, no bread! no dairy! no red meat!) they get binge symptoms.

I would give it some time and make sure your diet is really sufficient for your needs and monitor your symptoms, and talk to your doctor if the binge symptoms continue.

All of this.

How many calories are you allowing yourself? Are you eating back exercise calories? Are you getting adequate fat and protein?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh: If you went off the wall because of the smell of something cooking and you hate yourself and your life for it, there may be some other things that need to be changed in your approach.

edited for typos
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

All of this.

How many calories are you allowing yourself? Are you eating back exercise calories? Are you getting adequate fat and protein?

This ^ and also, what is your definition of "went as planned" and "diet was fine"? To work this has to be sustainable for the long term. Are you making all the changes at one time?
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It may be time to have a talk with your wife. You can eat anything on MFP but if she only cooks a couple of servings with no extra, you can enjoy her cooking, and not be tempted to binge. Of course you will want her on board so you may want to get her a new recipe book with healthy recipes that she can try. Now for your responsibility in all this. You control what goes in your mouth. Knowing there is a special occasion where you may over indulge, you need to earn some extra calories by exercising FIRST. I do stress the FIRST, because that will give you the total amount of calories you can allow for your meal. Yes, track even the overindulges so you will be more likely to change your behavior. Notice I didn't use the word binge. It all is a matter of mindset. So you fell off the horse. Log it and move on. Try to do better, one day at a time.
  • forthehungergames
    Options
    For a B.E.D. diagnosis your symptoms would have to last about six months. Also, what you experienced could have been a sign that your "dieting" wasn't adequate for your body...

B.E.D. and occasional binging are very different really.