Burning more cals than eating?

Options
so many people saying there losing weight by burning more cals than consuming? that true or even healthy?

lookin someone my age thats losing weight or whatever to talk to each other and encourage. i text : ) PM me

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    when your obese like me its pretty hard to burn all the calories you eat .i guess it would be good for me to try it. most people that are fat cant do it with out getting really tired that"s where your protein drinks come in to keep your energy level normal.i think you need to do as much exercise as you can. they do it all the time on the bigggest loser, but when your allready skinny and dont have any fat to use as fuel that where it really becomes unhealthy
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    so many people saying there losing weight by burning more cals than consuming? that true or even healthy?

lookin someone my age thats losing weight or whatever to talk to each other and encourage. i text : ) PM me

How the hell could you lose any weight unless you took in less calories than you consume?

Take in more and the calories left over at the end of the day store themselves.

That is how weight loss works, ask any dietician or nutritionist, eat less calories than you use up and the weight comes off. Be in a deficit of 3500 calories and you lose 1lb - yes just 1lb, that is why it is so hard to lose weight!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Burning more than consuming or consuming less than you burn is the only way to lose weight. When losing to reach a normal BMI, it's very healthy as long as you keep the daily deficit reasonable. About 500 Kcal. Absolutely no more than 1000 kcal!. Exercise is recommended because it helps you retain your muscle mass while losing weight. It is easier for the body to take the energy from muscle tissue than from fat tissue and it seems that always, when losing weight, you lose some of your muscle tissue too, but exercise and a reasonable daily calorie deficit minimizes that. You kinda tell the body that the muscle is important and the fat is what may go.

A few of my own greatest motivations for losing weight are a bit high blood pressure and recent pains in my knees. Losing weight helps for both. Actually, I read that, if you have blood pressure issues, losing 10 pounds does the same as starting Blood pressure medication!