Trader Joe's shopping list

2»

Replies

• TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    edited January 2019
    What is cookie butter? I have poor control around sweet things so maybe I'm better off not knowing. But curious.

I tried to go to Traders one time, but couldn't find a parking space and left. So pissed off I never went back. (I get angry way out of proportion over parking and waiting in lines.)

I try to go at off times, weeknights after 7 are usually quiet at the location I go to otherwise it can be a very hectic store. They have awesome products at good prices.

And cookie butter is amazing, creamy sweet gingery deliciousness
  • anmille8
    anmille8 Posts: 50 Member
    Sweet potato gnocchi omg and vegan pesto and pork buns
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    anmille8 wrote: »
    Sweet potato gnocchi omg and vegan pesto and pork buns

I didn't see the sweet potato gnocchi, is it frozen or near the pasta section? I would love that. Did you use any sauce or just a little butter and grated cheese ?

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I am never without a bag of frozen roasted corn. Not on the cob but just roasted corn. Use it as an addition to soups or stews.
    This is the best tasty corn.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Is Trader Joe's a supermarket?

When we were on vacation in October in SoCal I saw several but assumed they were restaurants like a knock off of Trader Vics.

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Is Trader Joe's a supermarket?

When we were on vacation in October in SoCal I saw several but assumed they were restaurants like a knock off of Trader Vics.

They are, they're kind of a lower-priced Whole Foods with lots of popular store brand items.
  • polly1970
    polly1970 Posts: 18 Member
    Ancient Grain & Superseed Mix (great on oatmeal)
    Tzatziki
    Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burgers
    Cauliflower Stif-fry
    Vegetable Gyoza
    Frozen vegetable fried rice
    General Tsao Sauce
    Rainbow’s End trail mix
    Green matcha powder
    Mixed Nut Butter
    Almond Butter Turmeric salad dressing
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Wine. I live across the street from one. TJ's is my wine shop lol. I've contemplated moving just so I'm not so close to them. But, they're so cheap that I'm also thankful they're the closest grocer to me!
  • jaimydude
    jaimydude Posts: 103 Member
    DSC03716.JPG
    This. I usually add some chili sauce and soy sauce and stir fry it for a few mins. Really filling, low cal and tasty. The whole pack is ~250 cals and I only need half.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    We love the Nourish shampoo, and it wasn’t harsh on the pink and purple hair I sported for years. And I find I don’t have to swap it, like other brands, when your scalp gets “used” to it

*Love the frozen roasted corn, and the frozen fire roasted pepper mix. Great for fast fajitas in the wok.
    *crystallized ginger is surprisingly low in calories (no one, not even me, can eat 17 pieces in a sitting, so four was only 35 calories and tasilty satisfying).
    *The ginger chews are also good and low cal for a “candy”.
    *Their blue corn chips are the best chips ever
    *Norwegian crispbread is made from whole seeds and is delicious
    *their Ciao brand pepperoni is to die for, and makes the best homemade pizza OTT, and a little goes a long way, so comparatively lo cal (plus the dog loves handouts)
    *seasoned buffalo mozzarella balls make a fabulous caprese salad
    *their ground cocoa tastes better than the rather yucky Hershey’s I picked up at the grocery in a rush the other day
    *frozen fried rice is great. We usually get the chicken version, and pad it out with their frozen stir fry veggies for a vegetable heavy quick dinner
    *marinara sauce
    *tomato paste in a tube aka the GREATEST invention EVER (I see it elsewhere now)
    *10 minute barley is great added to a quick instapot chicken soup : makes a filling a low cal lunch
    * minced garlic in a jar
    * Chicken Chardonnay (?) sausage
    * Teriyaki beef jerky
    *their smoked chicken dog treats for a little guy I love

What do I miss? *sigh* chocolate biscotti, chocolate covered cherries, English toffee, honey mint creams, shortbread, and thank heavens they stopped carrying chocolate meringues. Yeah, sugaroholic here. Crack to an addict.

What do I wish they ‘d bring back? The little German sausages that tasted just like Nuremberger sausages from the Christmas market. The Aldi version just isn’t as good.

• karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Lots of frozen specialties I stock up on;
    Organic brown rice (3 packs per box)
    Garlic and ginger cubes
    Indian meals
    Chile Rellano
    Tarte d’alsace
    Mandarin orange chicken

I also buy Toasted sesame oil, tomato sauce, rice/white vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, Soyaki sauce, etc. you can get these elsewhere but great price for the quality.

I’m a sucker for the dark chocolate peanut butter cups....
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    karahm78 wrote: »
    Lots of frozen specialties I stock up on;
    Organic brown rice (3 packs per box)
    Garlic and ginger cubes
    Indian meals
    Chile Rellano
    Tarte d’alsace
    Mandarin orange chicken

I also buy Toasted sesame oil, tomato sauce, rice/white vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, Soyaki sauce, etc. you can get these elsewhere but great price for the quality.

I’m a sucker for the dark chocolate peanut butter cups....

The Chile Rellenos are so good from Trader Joes. It's really the only thing I have to buy when I go there.