Back at it again -- but for the last time!

Options
I have been using MFP on and off for almost 10 years. I had success with it when I really took it seriously, but ultimately I kept failing to keep with it because I was trying to change what I was eating but wasn't changing anything else. I now see that I need to slowly change the entire way I think about food and eating and myself and my emotions in order to really tackle my weight head on and reach my goals.

This is increasingly important to me because I became a mom in June 2018. My daughter is incredible and I want to be a good role model for her and break the chain of obesity that has plagued my family for generations. I want her to know I love her more than I love eating. I want to be active with her and have a better chance of being around for her as long as possible.

I'm 5'3". My starting weight was 225. I'm down to 222 in the last week. My goal is 135.

I really need accountability and encouragement. I know myself well enough to know that I do best with feedback. I would absolutely love any friends willing to share their journeys with me and send a like or motivating word my way. Very glad I'm making this change finally, and for good.

Replies

• lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hear you!! I too started again at 235 after years of failed attempts. I am at 229.. help and support is so important!! Lets do this!!
  • bhealthy2019
    bhealthy2019 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi we are the same height and I currently weigh 217.8 started at 261.4 last year. Hit a brick wall so joined mfp. Add me if you like 😊
  • sgomez527
    sgomez527 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am here after gaining a lot of weight from thyroid medicine. I count calories and go to the gym 3 times a week and I don't lose anything. Its so frustrating.