Apple Watch not syncing steps with MFP

Options
Has anyone else had a problem with Apple Watch not syncing steps with MFP? I haven't had any synced for almost a month (and just realized it :#:# ). Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Replies

• zayzaygma
    zayzaygma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did you ever figure this out? Me too!
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I googled Apple Watch and mfp which brought up instructions on the mfp site that tells you how to connect them. It worked on my series 4.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    MFP is being a bit glitchy these days so that might have something to do with it.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My apple watch will sync with MFP but I think something is off still because I will only get about 50 extra calories a day for getting 12,000 steps. For the time being I am still logging my exercise and crossing my fingers hoping this is fixed soon.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    So, I had a problem with this. I would only get like half of my steps for the day and I couldn't figure it out. I finally found in the Health app for steps that you can set the priority of the steps that it records. Ie, my watch was recording 9k steps, but my phone was recording 3k steps (I don't walk everywhere with my phone, for example). So I made my watch's steps the one it takes the count from instead of my phone. I have an iPhone... so if you're getting steps but not the number you expect, it might be that one of your data sources is set as the highest priority.

Health --> Steps --> Data Sources and Access --> "edit" (upper right)

This allows you to move around the data sources. So I moved my phone below my watch. So it will default to the device that has the highest priority.

I updated all of the settings in Apple Health to make sure my iWatch was my highest priority device (my phone was almost always top).

This might help! FWIW, once I did this, I got better results with MFP.
  • StevieGibbons
    StevieGibbons Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    FitnessGirl0913, how do you log steps into MFP?
  • 66crone
    66crone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's October 2022 and I'm STILL having this problem.
    MFP and Apple Watch sync Exercise successfully, based on the Apple Watch Workout selection.
    Steps? Nope.
    In the MFP app on my phone, the Dashboard is asking me to CONNECT TO TRACK STEPS.
    In the MFP app on my watch, there are 0 steps out of 10,000 shown.
    In the Activity app on my phone, I see 2,774 steps.
    In the Activity app on my watch, I see 2,774 steps.

Suggestions? I don't know why I feel like it shouldn't be this complicated, but it always is......
  • 66crone
    66crone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I should also mention that I can also see today's steps in the Health app on my phone.
    But I don't see a Health app mirrored on the watch.