weight loss tools

Options
Heyy. I've been told to start measuring food more precisely. I was wondering what the best yet least expensive food scales are. I also want to know if meal portion rolls are useful. Random question. What is the benefit of meal planning??

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    i just go to walmart or grocery store and get the cheapest that has tare button and a few options for weight measurements. i have 3.

meal planning means it's not 6pm and you are starving trying to figure out a meal within your calorie budget. and then finding nothing in the house. Having meal ideas or planned meals ahead of time ensure you have good meals ready to go within your calorie goal. hard to make good decisions when you are hungry and the only food in the house that can be made quickly are high calorie.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    You can get scales for $20 at places like Target and Wal-Mart. Amazon should have pretty inexpensive ones too. You really just need something that measures in grams, no need to get fancy. Meal planning helps people organize and can help maintain a deficit. Some people like to pre-log their days and planning ahead takes out the guess work and 'what are we eating tonight'.
  • texascarrot820
    texascarrot820 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    thank you for those helpful tips and information
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Amazon has great, cheap scales.

I don’t meal plan in the sense of having all of my food cooked for the week in the fridge. I can’t eat something that’s been hanging out in a container for 3 days in my fridge. I also get very bored with eating the same thing over and over again.

The benefit though of meal planning is having a plan. I have a plan everyday. I prelog my food in the morning (or sometimes the night before) so I know what and how much I’ll be eating the next day. It really helps me. I also plan for those dinner nights with the girls. If I know I’m going to have a 4 course meal on Saturday, I might fast Saturday morning or eat a bit less each day that week so I don’t totally blow it on Saturday. Having a food plan let’s me enjoy what I eat in moderation.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have 3 food scales and my fav is the one that is over 20 years old so that probably won't help you. I would look for one that has a tare function and measures in grams.

I rarely/barely meal plan but I imagine it can be helpful to a person who has little time.
  • texascarrot820
    texascarrot820 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    perfect I will go to target today and get those tools. I think meal planning for me will be helpful since I am a college student going from class to class with little time in between. I will just need different meals so I do not get bored of the same thing everyday.