5’1 girls—Maintaining weight

Options
Needtolosefive
Needtolosefive Posts: 17 Member
edited January 2019 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Back story: I lost a lot of weight after my binge eating stabilized and I maintained around 105-107 for many years. I maintained my weight on roughly 1600 cals regardless of activity level.

However, I’ve realized that my goal weight was far too low for my build and muscle mass. I’m now currently 127-129, and I have tons more energy, don’t rely on coffee, and my hair and skin look much healthier.

In the beginning, I gained the first few five pounds due to binging/restricting (eating 3000 calories one day, then restricting on 1200 the next.) every two weeks, then once every week, and then several times a week. So I decided to up my calories to 2000 and see how that’d make me feel. I put on almost 10 pounds in the first month, but doing so made me feel lots better, better clarity and energy levels, etc.

Now my weight has stayed rather stable at around 124-129, but I’m on the higher end of that range at the moment, and I’d like to stay around 124-126 but I’m confused as to what my maintenance calories should be. I’d like to maintain my weight at least for a month or so prior to losing weight again as to not go through another binge.

I’ve lowered my calorie intake from 2000 to 1800. The calculator I used at the time to maintain my weight has put maintenance at 1750. So, 5’1-5’2 girls who have the same stats as me—how many calories do you eat to maintain?

Replies

• DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    2300. I lift heavy 4 days a week following a structured lifting program. I've been strength training for several years. I have a high NEAT from being active in my daily life. I maintain in the 123-126 range.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    it doesn't really matter what anyone else maintains on because they will have different amounts of muscle mass and activity. You are going to have to work it out for yourself over time. Give yourself a month at 1800 and see what happens to your weight. Use a trend app like Happy Scale. You should be slowing losing if you are accurately weighing and logging. If you continue losing past 124, start adding 100cal per week or every other week until you stop.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    It's going to vary that answer but I'll play :smile:
    I'm 5ft 2, 49, maintain 124-128lbs eating around 2000 calories. I'm lightly active and do a mix of walking/biking/ strength training.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'0" and I lift heavy. And I'm breastfeeding. I don't track during maintenance, I just keep track of my weight. I do believe I eat ~2300-2500 calories a day, some days being quite a bit lower and some days being over (I tracked for few days this month).