Non-compatible Fitness Tracker?

Options
Hi folks, I’m brand new and figuring the app out and such. I use a fitness tracker from VeryFitPro, but alas that is not one of the choices that can be synced with this app. I just got this one for Christmas and don’t intend to buy a different one. Is there a way to input my daily steps?
Any suggestions are appreciated!
(Also, I don’t want to just use my iPhone’s tracker because most of the time it isn’t moving, it’s on a counter playing music while I clean etc.)

Replies

• Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've not seen a way to input steps, but I'm not sure there is much benefit other than seeing it all in one place ( I do get that though).

Similarly, I have an apple watch. I have not sorted out how to sync calories burned over to mfp automatically, but I have been able to add them in manually by creating a custom cardio workout and adding them in that way. I add about half what it says I've burned because most trackers overestimate. I love my watch but fitbit+mfp was much easier to sync even though it could be glitchy some days.

So, that's not much help for adding in steps, but if you want to add back calories burned from your non-compatible tracker you have the ability. You'll just need to enable negative calories and add those in whenever you want them to show up. I sometimes add mine in right after my workout, but other days I just wait until it's late and I'm hungry so I know I want to eat back dome of those cals.
  • magpye76
    magpye76 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a VeryFitPro tracker too, also a Christmas present. It's only a minor inconvenience that it doesn't sync, and I'm just working on progressively moving more, getting better sleep, and hopefully lowering my resting heart rate:) I tried downloading a compatible app (pacer)to count steps but I'm not permanently attached to my phone and i couldnt get it to sync with mfp anyway!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    You can simply work out your average steps in a day and then set your activity level on MFP to match. If you find that your weight loss is either quicker or slower than expected then you can adjust your activity level/calories to match.

Sedentary below 5k (most people get positive adjustments after 3500)
    Lightly active tends to be exceeded by 7500
    Active tends to be exceeded by 11.5k or so
    Very active tends to be exceeded by 15.5k

Factors used by MFP are: 1.25x, 1.4x, 1.6x and 1.8x BMR
  • Haileybee2
    Haileybee2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I connected mfp and veryfit to google fit so that mfp and veryfit can sync it has worked for me so far i cant figure out how to sync calorie intake between the 2 apps tho