Looking back and Just wanting to say Thanks

Early in the year of 2016 I joined MFP. I was obese and depressed and my health was at risk. Many of the folks in this community reached out with suggestions and support and especially patience. Over a lifetime of dieting I had accumulated a bunch of ideas, some were correct and some weren't. Most of the people here respectfully corrected where necessary and encouraged where I had it right. THANK YOU! I am starting my second year in maintenance and my health is better at 62 that it was at 52. For those of you who are new... It really works. Stick with it and you won't be sorry.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    This is so great to see! Well done in everything :)
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Congrats and continued success!
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    You have been a inspiration to me. Congratulations 🎉
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It has been a joy to share the journey with you.. Congrats on all your successes.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,965 Member
    Congratulations: Such a wonderful accomplishment . . . and such a lovely note to the MFP community.

I've been noticing your calm, sensible and compassionate posts on threads by newer MFPers; I'll bet you'll start hearing some of them say good things about your and the community's help as a result.

:flowerforyou:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    so lovely post; refreshing and grateful. Two years is amazing...and so are you.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited January 2019
    GO @cheryldumais. We started (me for the second time) at the same time. I just LOVE seeing the same names and faces year after year. It goes to show that hard work and being active in a like-minded community are two important assets in weight loss. My hats off to you.

ETA: look at the number of posts made by the members of this group. 13,000, 10,000, 9,000, 6,000.....That’s what I’m talkin bout!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    edited January 2019
    nowine4me wrote: »
    GO @cheryldumais. We started (me for the second time) at the same time. I just LOVE seeing the same names and faces year after year. It goes to show that hard work and being active in a like-minded community are two important assets in weight loss. My hats off to you.

ETA: look at the number of posts made by the members of this group. 13,000, 10,000, 9,000, 6,000.....That’s what I’m talkin bout!

Playing in chit chat again Ms Nowine? :lol:

Great job @cheryldumais!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Lovely to see a post like this, congrats on being in year two of maintenance :smile:
  • iamjoyce1
    iamjoyce1 Posts: 20 Member
    Your story is an inspiration. Great accomplishment! I've lost about 40 pounds and have another 20 pounds to lose. Thanks for sharing.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited February 2019
    Early in the year of 2016 I joined MFP. I was obese and depressed and my health was at risk. Many of the folks in this community reached out with suggestions and support and especially patience. Over a lifetime of dieting I had accumulated a bunch of ideas, some were correct and some weren't. Most of the people here respectfully corrected where necessary and encouraged where I had it right. THANK YOU! I am starting my second year in maintenance and my health is better at 62 that it was at 52. For those of you who are new... It really works. Stick with it and you won't be sorry.

Now THAT'S what I call inspiring! Well done and thank you!