Wearing sweats/workout clothes to the store...

Options
kds10
kds10 Posts: 452 Member
This girl at work was saying that she can't imagine wearing things like sweats, etc. out to the store, etc. and I said well I do it a lot often because I work out a lot and will sometimes go from the gym/or if I am hiking outdoors and pop into the store when I am done.

She does not work out at all so maybe that is why she thinks it is weird. If she only knew that not just am I wearing sweats, legging type stuff but I will be red and sweaty too, I did not want to mention that then she would be really grossed out.

I don't see the big deal, like who cares...

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'll wear athletic wear out to the store, but definitely not if I've been for a run.
    Nope, I agree it's gross

...plus you never know if you may get stranded somewhere like that, and have to sit around for hours, think hostage situation, natural disaster, zombie apocalypse etc.
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Workout gear is practically the mum uniform in Australia - we're all about comfort, apparently.

I've been to the supermarket in my pyjamas before, so I'm not one to judge :D
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't care what people are wearing to the store. They probably have their reasons.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have to stop for milk or something after the gym and I’m always self-conscious. I will not go to the store on days I wear the red leggings.

I understand.

I try to save my red leggings for special occasions too.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I always do it, who cares
    I’m not going home after a workout just to shower change and then go back out
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    No big deal...I kind of prefer wearing sweats/gym clothes out in public when doing errands...somewhat of a disguise, noticed less, & it's a much needed break from the corporate world of having to wear dress attire (@ a job that is still pretty physical in nature...I would much rather wear scrubs).
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wear my speed-walking uniform to the grocery store.

I recently set a P.R. going down the cereal aisle.

P8I4h8LmttjpkFebE4emM4iO5duzNBxmJvR4CJpUgzw.jpg?width=473&auto=webp&s=e7e19a894aae62be627b20226a4c718aadcf4c8b

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hell, I've worn a full cycling kit to the store...
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Well, yeah, don't go out wearing a tank top & "booty shorts", etc., lol
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I've done it (except after a run, I need to get out of my sweaty gear asap).

Honestly this is nothing, I've seen ladies wearing pajama pants and house shoes in the store before. None of my business why and what others are doing.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    If I am at the gym and need gas or something from the grocery I stop on my way home. That's called time management. I don't have time to go home and shower to leave to get 2 things at the store. I don't care enough about any weird looks I get to go to that sort of trouble
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I live in the Midwest, so honestly I see more women my age (42) wearing workout/leisure/gym clothes than regular clothes! I wear that stuff to the store all of the time and think nothing of it. Sometimes I'll run errands in that sort of clothing for hours especially if I'm walking everywhere.

While I don't care what others wear, I don't wear athletic clothes out to dinner though. Maybe if I'm on an active vacation out west, hiking all day...but not to a "nicer" dinner and not when I'm in my home area. It takes like ten minutes to change into something nicer. But for the supermarket or Target, sure.
  • RLWatson70
    RLWatson70 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    All I wear to the store is sweats 👍🏼
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I often go to the store or do other errands after the gym.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Even when my anxiety is running high and I'm prone to having full blown meltdowns in the grocery store before I can even reach Aisle 3, I'll still throw on some chino pants. I can't imagine the mental state I'd have to be in to wear sweatpants out in public.