vitamins

Options
Hello,

I am wondering what the best brand of multivitamins there are?? I am taking them as a supplement as well as Vitamin D because my vitamin d levels are always low. Any suggestions??

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D should be taken with meal that has fat in it.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am wondering what the best brand of multivitamins there are?? I am taking them as a supplement as well as Vitamin D because my vitamin d levels are always low. Any suggestions??

Multivitamins aren't worth the money. If you have a deficiency focus on that, everything else you get from your eating.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Most name brands or store brands (like Walgreens, CVS, etc) that offer close to 100% RDA of just about everything will be good if you feel you need one. The specially made packets and high dose supplements tend to be a rip off. If your Dr. recommends a single supplement (like your Vitamin D) he/she will give you an idea how much to take or even prescribe one.

I take Kirkland Daily Multi. It has both vitamins and minerals and is about $20 for a year's supply. I also take D and prescription potassium per my Dr.

• NovusDies
    Options
    Hello,

Multivitamins aren't worth the money. If you have a deficiency focus on that, everything else you get from your eating.

It is cheap insurance but I don't need or take one.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm kind of in the "it is cheap enough and won't hurt anything so, why not?" camp. Getting into megadoses is another animal.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I use Jamison brand purchased at Walmart
  • NovusDies
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm kind of in the "it is cheap enough and won't hurt anything so, why not?" camp. Getting into megadoses is another animal.

I would never try to talk anyone out of taking one because I don't know how they eat. I really push myself on the "getting a variety" front and I have recent blood tests. Even still I have a few supplements as a result of those blood tests.